Barbecue business plan

wheels61

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get a bbq business plan. thanks, wheels.

I agree with Vinny...the SBA has a great site for developing your plan. It would be difficult to find a cut-n-paste plan as all are tailored to meet the owner's specific needs. Good luck! :biggrin:

I may be a bbq neophyte, but my day job is education. I would recommend you check out the nearest community college, college or university and look at their non credit programs. Most have classes for small business development, and most likely a class on how to write a business plan. In a few weeks you can have a pretty good idea on what is needed to develop a business plan. Best yet, with non credit, no tests. Just maybe a written plan that someone can review with you.

SBA is going to be the best resource. Everything you need on one site and easy access to questions and answers.

we have a couple non profit place that will read it and go over it with you after you have it written. I have written a couple others before so that kind helps. Its not as hard as it looks when you start. I have found that writing your own instead of either having one done or cut and paste is a lot more helpful.

just my 2 cents

if there is anything that i might be able to help with feel free to let me know

Try docstoc.com you should be able to get a good template from there. Then you will need to go from there...

Might i ask why your looking to write up a business plan for a raunt or catering?

The SBA is AWESOME!! I completed my business plan with there help and am now looking at our getting a business line of credit to help us get some of the things we need to expand.
A template is good to help guide you, but all and all my plan or anyone else's plan will not work for what you are doing in your area. If you have friends in business or have made their own business plan they can be a valuable resource.
My wife received FREE grant money to take a business management class, and I also received this same grant where they came(and still come every other week..) to our home and have helped us with Quickbooks, showing us how to manage our business finances and money management. This in and of itself has been a HUGE help in our tracking our expenses. And it has made tax time a breeze when all we have to do is print up what our accountant needs! This also helped us with projections and other financial reports needed when we completed our business plan. All of this was because of the SBA's help in making us successful.
Contact the SBA in your area and meet with them, its a free service and they may have alot of stuff available to help you out, Its well worth your time!

One of the best things about using the Small Business Adminitration services is that they try to hook you up with a person that has some experience in what you are planning on doing. A well prepared business plan that properly addresses the business and it's intended market and perceived need will make a huge difference. I would not use internet documents, I would definitely use the SBA.

You can try www.toolkit.com

There are a bunch of start up things on that site. I should say it's general business start up info, you'll need to bring the bbq aspect into it.

thanks everyone. i'm waiting on an answer to my proposal to lease a building and go legit. i cooked too much food over the holidays to float in that gray area. thanks, again.

A restaurant even. You go man! Are you looking in O'Fallon or Carlyle? Can I come to the Grand Opening? Good luck wheels!

Back