Quality Knives

OK.............. I fell into a deal last night. A buddy of mine is a food salesman(wasn't sure if anyone saw my past posts of the deals I get on fresh meat) Any way he is getting me a 10 piece set of Forschner today brand new for his cost $60.00 or $70.00 bucks. he also said if anyone else wanted a set just let me know. Thanks for all of the help and info.

What is included in the set?...got pics? I may be interested.:biggrin:

JD,
I am going out of town for the weekend( bummer no smoke this weekend) I will get a full list and post pics on Monday. All he could remember was a 10" and 8" chef knives, the paring knife, bone knife a melon baller????? Hone......but it is 10 pcs. with the case.

OK here is the scoop. He told me wrong last night as we were in the garage drinking beer. It is a 12 piece kit..............
10" chef
8" chef
12" slicer
8" bread
6" curved boning knife
31/2" paring
4" offset spatula
11" carving fork
peeler
melon baller
12" steel
polyester case.
$125.00
sells to customers for $215.00

Sorry JD about the wrong info the first time.

If it's 125.00 that is still a great price for that set of knifes.

OK here is the scoop. He told me wrong last night as we were in the garage drinking beer. It is a 12 piece kit..............
10" chef
8" chef
12" slicer
8" bread
6" curved boning knife
31/2" paring
4" offset spatula
11" carving fork
peeler
melon baller
12" steel
polyester case.
$125.00
sells to customers for $215.00

Sorry JD about the wrong info the first time.

No worries bro...thanks for the update! :razz:

If those knives in the forschner set are the same exact ones you can get on their own that's a fantastic price. Would you happen to know if the slicer has a granton edge? Those can get pretty pricey.

I picked this set up at our local business Costco yesterday for 14.00...it's pretty dang sharp! :p

IMG_4158.jpg

Got alot of diffs, my fav is my CASE Stockman pocket knife.
(just dont use the toenail blade for meat)

I just got a Shun Chefs knife, its a sweetheart.
My favorite is a "nakiri", a flat vegetable knife. Got it in Kyoto from a store called Aritsugu. This place has been in the same family since the 1500's. Cool place, the knife is so soft, but the edge on it is hard to believe. Takes a lot of care, if I chop three tomatoes it will start to tarnish befor e you are done.
Look at this a video taken in the store. Each knife is prepped when you buy it and your name is stamped on it. The wheel they are using in the video is three hundred years old!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-hGc66xHoI

a knife is only as good as the user....ya can nick & dull everything...
:icon_blush: i prefer anything but ginsu & wally world- but knowing how to cut is 1/2 the battle- just my .02
\

a knife is only as good as the user....ya can nick & dull everything...
:icon_blush: i prefer anything but ginsu & wally world- but knowing how to cut is 1/2 the battle- just my .02
\

So true...so true. I learned from one of the masters...Paul Kirk. All his knives were bought used or second hand...they were just very sharp...and he knew how to use them. One of the highlights of his class was that he showed us how to slice each meat for presentation. The knives I use for my comps cost a grand total of 25.00 from Costco...but they WILL be sharp!

Back