Pulled pork for the Super Bowl!

TooTallBBQ

Reaction score
Making some pulled pork for the Super Bowl. Working tonight to rub the butt down and wrap it tightly over night. Made Chris Lilly's injection to use in the morning when I put it in the smoker around 5-6 am. I'll be cooking around 275 and wrapping at an IT of 160. Can't wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 121
Making some pulled pork for the Super Bowl. Working tonight to rub the butt down and wrap it tightly over night. Made Chris Lilly's injection to use in the morning when I put it in the smoker around 5-6 am. I'll be cooking around 275 and wrapping at an IT of 160. Can't wait.

Looking good, keep us posted on your progress....

5 1/2 hours into the cook the internal temp was 160 and had a nice bark so I wrapped it with a little brown sugar and some squeezable butter to keep it sweet and moist. The smoker is chugging around 260-279. I really need to put some gaskets around the box and the main lid I think. It's also about 23 degrees here in Chicago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 78
5 1/2 hours into the cook the internal temp was 160 and had a nice bark so I wrapped it with a little brown sugar and some squeezable butter to keep it sweet and moist. The smoker is chugging around 260-279. I really need to put some gaskets around the box and the main lid I think. It's also about 23 degrees here in Chicago.

Looks great, I love the orange glow from the embers under the meat...

Back