Mexican Spiced Pastrami Today

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Running the "mexi" style corned beef I made last month here.

Gave the outside a taco type rub my wife made and a little extra pepper. Went on about 8:15am so will smoke for 3-4hrs and then into a raised pan with boiling water to steam finish.

Excited to see how this turns out and if the additional spices make a difference at the end :becky:

QCAtrf1l.jpg

PNugj84l.jpg

YRURjD4l.jpg

Tuned in! Looks like a great Saturday from here.

:pop2:

So after about 4hrs in the smoke looked like this. Was around 150
RIMdq5ll.jpg

Beef base to the steam and to help make some sauce later
sWd5yePl.jpg

Then what was weird......even though it was no where near tender yet a piece fell off that I had to taste. Holy crap you can definitely taste the spices I added to give it that "Mexican" theme :-D
kUbG4yMl.jpg

Then oddly 4 more pieces fell off so ate those too. Briskets are weird sometimes :crazy:
QkBg83rl.jpg

Wrapped up and back into the pitboss for probably another 2-3hrs at 300.
24AB6qil.jpg

toR8AVel.jpg

Now I have difficult choices to make
4Cd0KcTl.jpg

Then what was weird......even though it was no where near tender yet a piece fell off that I had to taste.

Then oddly 4 more pieces fell off so ate those too. Briskets are weird sometimes :crazy:

Don’t you just hate it when that happens?!? Looks fantastic, can’t wait to see the outcome!!

Then what was weird......even though it was no where near tender yet a piece fell off that I had to taste.

Then oddly 4 more pieces fell off so ate those too.

As my mother would have said “you don’t have to tell those windies.” We know what happened. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back