Equipment Test / Cook Sunday Pron

Looks like at least 3 really nice meals and a successful test. Did you cook fast or slow.

Thanks – had brisket and eggs for breakfast this morning :-D. I cooked it slow – 230 degrees but right after I wrapped it the fire got away from me and the temp worked up to 275 degrees. The cook lasted 11 hours total.
The brisket turned out good I just would have wanted a little more fat in the meat - IMHO fat is flavor. Thats what I get for waiting to the last minute to buy meat. We have a poor meat selection in our area and I usally run to Memphis to get the good stuff.

I'm coming over for breakfast lunch n dinner! Need to make a fatty dayum!

You are welcome anytime but don’t look for a “Fatty” – I learned I am not much of a weaver. I would rather my food not give me a headache.:wacko:

I am glad you enjoyed Down Home - nothing relaxes me more than being outside with the smoker going and my wingman by my side. Goodtimes.

You're right - those plates look atrocious. I'll take care of those leftovers so you don't have to suffer any more.

Just kidding, of course. I can only wish my brisket looked as bad as yours :)

Naked fatty - simplicity exemplified and delicious

I thought your pictures look fine. Don't forget that some of these other guys are pros and I'm sure that guys like landarc have forgotten more about photography and styling food than I will ever know. I don't let it stop me. What does stop me is that I hate to open the cooker any more than absolutely necessary and then once the food is plated, my priorities suddenly change. :hungry:

LOL !!! :razz:

I know how to use a camera my issue is I find it hard to work / cook and remember to take the pictures in a way to make sense to post! Then you have to remember to wipe your hands before you pick up the camera or not to waste time taking pictures while your meat gets cold. You have to remember not to put you camera down on the hot grill rack or in a pot of sauce.

It could get stressfull! :rolleyes: LOL!!!!

Wingman for the past 12 years keeping an eye on things!

P2240230_zps6bfe64cd.jpg
Awesome dog!

Back