Hotdogs and hamburgers for softball tourney

juslearning

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have been asked to cook hotdogs and hamburgers for a high school softball tourney. When I asked how many I should be prepared for, all she could say is that there will be 6 teams (girls). It will be about 8 hours long, but starts at 9, so most people will eat breakfast. Anyone have any experience on how to estimate the number of each I will need?

This is not a catering gig, only supplying the labor and grill. I don't need to know prices as they will be selling it.

Little League uses the frozen Costco patties for that very reason. You never know how many you will sell and nothing goes to waste.

I agree with HeSmellsLikeSmoke. Use frozen patties and packages of dogs (stored in separate coolers for cross contamination safety issues).

I guess that depends on who is paying for them. If it is not a for profit gig then be sure you have plenty. I am assuming you are being fully reimbursed for all your costs so it is always better not to run out. :wink: As for actual quantities it is impossible to give advice on a number without an estimate of how many will be served.

It is for the school so it is to help with expenses for the team. I will be reimbursed so I don't want to run out. I will probably donate 4 butts to make sandwiches too.

One word of caution. Those frozen burger pucks drip some serious fat when they cook -- especially when you cook a bunch of them. Be prepared to deal with some flames. Don't ask me how I know this, just trust me that I know it to be a fact. :shock:

CD

Back