Smoked Chicken and Cheesey Broccoli Rice Pot Pie

Haastyle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This was my entry into the Pie Throwdown. I do lots of demo cooks on Facebook and for this reason I am using my Weber. I had a number of questions from people on how to smoke at home when you don't have smoker. Very pleased with it all.

I took the skin off the chicken thighs to really let that smoke come through.

I'm going to grind the broccoli stalk, but I wanted small florets so I trimmed it tight. All of broccoli will be used.

Made a bechamel for my cheese sauce. Then I melted in Gruyere and Gouda away from the heat. Taste and adjust for salt.

mixed cooked rice with my veg I sweated.

Layer of Smoked Chicken

Layer of Broccoli, then all the cheese sauce.

Rest of the rice mix on top.

Lid on and Egg yolk wash.

Cuts clean.

Just enough sauce to make this moist but not sloppy. Gruyere and mushrooms are always a match made in heaven. The smoke flavor was really picked up by that cheese sauce as well. The broccoli wasn't overcooked either. Very pleased with how this turned out.

I've seen a great-looking butt here today and now a great-looking pie. A great-looking sausage must be next? :laugh:

That is one farking beautiful chicken pot pie. I love the cheese idea. I must do this. Thanks for the idea..............:clap2:

Excellent lookin comfort food! Be great with a nice pint of dark ale... Almost makes me wish it was cold out, almost.

Back