Chef Paul Kirk BBQ class at Klose BBQ Pits, Houston

E

egkor

Participated in a Chef Paul Kirk BBQ class at Klose BBQ Pits, Saturday 3-6.

Picture attached.

Note in the forefront, amongst the custom builts and Klose pits, is the backside of my NB Bandera.

The Bandera produced Q every bit as good as Q produced on the multi-thousand dollar pits.

A day I'll never forget.

-egkor (Gary K)

Always remember.. it aint the Pit, its the pitmaster.... or pitbitch(right Tk?)

Gotta tell me when you guys are going down to klose Pits. I can get ya a backstage pass.

Did I learn anything?

After going it alone for approx. 10 years with a NBBD horizontal (purchased bent up floor model from Sam's for a discount), and then learning mainly from trial and error and the Internet, I'd have to say I had 90% of it already.

I found out how much I was doing the basics "right".

It was a blast to hang out for a day at Klose Pits with David K, Chef Paul, and 40 new friends, making Q.

-egkor (Gary K)

Bill,

It was awesome in several different ways. It was really nice to see the less experienced folks "go from zero to Q in under 6 seconds"! That course catapaulted some folks into the world of Q, without the years of suffering and ruining food.

Greg,

Trust me, I said "hello" to all the pits! Several times! :)

-egkor (Gary K)

CORRECTION:

I NEED :mrgreen: the mobile with grill :twisted: That way maybe CinCHouse will "buy off' on it!!

Looks like a great opportunity to get some names to faces and see a lot of different rigs in action.

Now, if Paul would just get over his aversion to foil.... :D

parrothead said:
Did you say hi to my pit while you were there?

When is yours supposed to ship?

I feel the need to visit it and carve my initials on the front
with a diamond scribe.

:twisted:

Rusold,

It was advertised on the Klose web site, I think back in Oct/Nov.

Also I think on Chef Paul's web site.

-egkor (Gary K)

Ya know... Paul will come and do a class anywhere if the money is right.. he goes into presentation more for the competition guys.. but I learnd alot about meat selection, rub and sauce development, trimming and such.. plus he's a great guy and so is Stu, who I noticed was in that first picture also.... almost as big as the damn Bandera.

I should mention.. I didn't even have a smoker when I took his class.. well I had a beat up ECB.....

I would say it's worthwhile....

Ray

now ya make me sad that I didn't follow through and take a long weekend in Texas!!

Back