• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Best way to reheat brisket

TahoeMick

Found some matches.
Reaction score
What is the best way to reheat a refrigerated brisket? Would you recommend using low heat and reheating slowly or higher heat to bring it up to temp faster?

I'm sure a microwave would work fine with a small portion but I'm talking the whole brisket. :)

I've never had to warm a whole unsliced brisket before but some will say to put it in the oven at 200* over a pan of water for an couple of hours and she'll be good to go.

Personally, I never nuke bbq.
I usually use the oven at 190-200 to bring large portiions back to life.
Another good idea is to freezer bag smaller portions for future use and bring them back up by using hot water in a pot on the stove.
dos centavos.

My version of all the above is:

I put on rack in pan with liquid underneath.
Reheat at 200-300 till meat temp is up to 170+.

I have great luck using Micro Zapper for re-heating small quanties of Que by keeping the power level down. Be gentle.
Kinda like "low and slow" Nuking :lol:
Works fine.

TIM

I wrap tightly in heavy duty plastic wrap and put in 200* oven until it reaches an internal temp of 160*. I've never tried it, but i've heard big ziploc ifor a full cycle in the dish washer :smile:

Wrap in foil, on a rack in a pan over water at 250 in the oven until internal temp is 160*.

Definitely the oven, usually in a pan with some beef stock and loosely covered with foil.

I think the Ziploc freezer bag in a big pot simmering water is the best way to go. I do this for both brisket and pulled pork.

I've been meaning to try the dishwasher mod, but the wife "owns" the dishwasher and she isn't keen on it.

Back