View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #26
Haastyle
Full Fledged Farker

Something totally different. Never done this ever. Turned out Great! Grill Roasted Butternut Squash Rigatoni.

Ignore the red peppers, that is for Tomorrow's dinner. Just using the flame when I have it.

Fried sage leaves in browned butter, removed sage for garnish. Pureed flesh only with a garlic clove, touch of chicken stock, the browned sage butter, salt and pepper.

Added finely grated parmesan and heavy cream

Topped with toasted pecans and fried sage leaves. The smoke comes through really nice with the natural sweatness of the squash. The piney peppery sage and rich flavor of the pecans really set this off and add texture to the pasta. This may be my new favorite use for Butternut Squash. Keeping this one in the bag of tricks for future use. Please use this as my entry pic. As advised.... "This is an official Entry".

I had a hard time coming up with something TOTALLY new. It is a vegetarian dish, something I don't make a habit of making but perhaps should more often. Tough catagory for sure, it really made me think outside the box. That was a fun one to do.

Last edited by Haastyle; 01-10-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Haastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->