• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cold cherry Smoked cured Jack Daniels Salmon

Outstanding Salmon and great photos!

a_cheers.gif

WOW!
Fantastic lookin salmon. Thanks for the research, I've been putting together a plan for some cold smoked salmon along these lines, I wasn't thinking dill would go well with this flavor profile, but you have convinced me to give it a try. Great photo's too.
Thanks
Bing

Nice job on that salmon, which was a beautiful hunk o meat to start with. Excellent tututorial as well.

Thanks for the great post. The pron is wonderful. Something I will definately try soon. Thanks so much for sharing!

Update---- Just ordered the Pro-Q. Your post is an excellent sales tool for the product.

omg wicked i will take a few of those sandwichs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need to go and get some Salmon this is a great idea for gifts!
Thanks!!!

Update---- Just ordered the Pro-Q. Your post is an excellent sales tool for the product.

Jay Bird where did you order yours from look on line but I must be looking in the wrong places the ones I found where in shops in Jolly Ole England, I'm just a simple head from VA:becky:
Thanks
RR

Wow, that looks great! I've been meaning to get into cold smoking for a while now. That was just the nudge I needed. I just added the ProQ CSG to my Christmas list!

google pro q cold smoke generator. That is how I got mine. Have only done cheese so far- came out really good

Ive never tried, and i dont have a cold smoke generator, but if i were to be able to get my hands on one, the conditions are (after the very thorough prep, of course) 50* of cold smoke for 5 hrs? Speaking of the prep, i guess the salt begins curing it in the fridge?

That looks great! I don't have the fish or the Smoke generator, I do have the Jack D. I think I will just start on that for now. lol

About the Skin

Herr Marko!

That is simply incredible. I'm curious about the "skin on" aspect. It looks like you left it on right up to slicing, then sort of "peeled" the slices off the skin. Is this correct?

Is there any particular reason you chose to do this as opposed to smoking a fillet that had been skinned?

Danke,

JimT

WOW!!!! That looks awesome! At what internal temp did you pull the salmon? Also was the salt enough to cure? You did not need sodium nitrates or nitrites?

I need to get in cold smoking, wonder if i rig something cheaper for my UDS then the 40 dollar cold smoke generator.

Back