View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron
Default The Eggplant Wizard Cooks...

The current BBQ Brethren Throw Down category is Eggplant and/or Tofu, so I decided to enter with an eggplant recipe.

This recipe originally came from Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet. I have his original in a cook book, but it has also been posted on a few web sites.

Eggplant Meatballs

As you can tell, mine aren't meatballs. I adapted the recipe to allow cooking on the grill and made them patties instead. I also grilled the eggplant instead of boiling it.

So... Let's get started...

First, our guest of honor...

I cut his green head off and sliced him into half-inch thick slices...

I brushed the slices with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper and put them on the grill...

After they had nice grill marks on both sides I put them into a foil pan covered with foil to finish cooking.

Then I gathered all of the other ingredients...

I used a mix of ground beef and ground chicken and put that in the bowl with most of the other ingredients, including the mashed eggplant...

The resulting mixture was fairly wet but I formed it into 6 patties and put them on the grill to cook. I completely forget to get a picture of them on the grill

After they were grilled I put some of the spaghetti sauce in the foil pan, added the patties, some more sauce, and the cheeses...

That baked for about 30 minutes until it was all hot and bubbly...

I added some garlic Texas toast...

and let it cook until it was nice and brown and crispy...

We served the patties on a piece of the garlic toast along with some baby green beans and another slice of Texas garlic toast.

This did not suck!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->