Fatties Eh?

bbqjoe said:
I wonder how crushed fruitloops would go over?

I know of a place that stuffs jalapenos, breads them and then drops them in the fryer. One ingredient for the breading is Cap'n Krunch:lol: They are pretty good too.

One thing's for sure with fatties, differences in brands will definately show up in the outcome. The first one I tried was Bob Evans. Good stuff! They had a real nice texture and flavor after rolling them in a basic rub and smoking with a few chunks of apple. Next I tried some JD varieties. Hot, reg, maple..., the flavor wasn't bad (liked them in that order) but I hated the texture. Way too grainy for me and the misses. She took a bite and wouldn't eat any more. BE or Hatfield (local) sage flavor has been our favorite so far.

Kirk, i'm with you 100%. I am not a fan of the course ground of the JD.. I make them for guests and everyone else, but for me I really like Jones breakfast logs. its all pork, fine ground and seasoned differently than the JD. See if you can find them locally, gimme a shout if ya cant and i can send some.

PARKS also makes a similar ground and comes in beef and turkey too.

BBQchef33 said:
but for me I really like Jones breakfast logs...
I believe I've seen 'em 'round these parts, I'll have to give 'em a try.

It's funny how popular the maple fatties are, most people I've given them to have turned their nose up at 'em. Must be a Yankee thing. I don't really dig 'em myself. Not a big fan of any sweet flavors for meat. Sweet and sour, ham with pineapples and cherries, I don't like any of it.

Kirk said:
I believe I've seen 'em 'round these parts, I'll have to give 'em a try.

It's funny how popular the maple fatties are, most people I've given them to have turned their nose up at 'em. Must be a Yankee thing. I don't really dig 'em myself. Not a big fan of any sweet flavors for meat. Sweet and sour, ham with pineapples and cherries, I don't like any of it.

Kirk, You sound like a son of South Georgia. We don't go much for sweet with meat either.:mrgreen:

LOL, that may be qman, but the only time I been to Georgia was when I was on my way though to Fla to see my Grandma or a race at Daytona. I was born in Colorado and raised right here in PA. You'd never know it though because the later I'm on the board and the more I've had to drink, the more I sound like I'm from Tejas by way of West Virginny. :biggrin:

I usually do the Tennesee Pride Sage. Cats ass and usually at a great price. But the local Beer Lion had JD maple on sale the other day so I had to buy. Tried one smushed up into fatty patties in the George Foreman. It was good but sweet. Tasted like a reg JD mild dipped in syrup. Cant wait to smoke the others.

Back