/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Great photos and thanks for the names Peeps!! I recognized Charles and you but was not sure about the rest.
I have a question.
Did you ever finish the CABO? Looks like the level in the jug wasn't going down very fast even with everyone taking a "pull". :becky:
Looks like you all had a great time! :thumb:

LOL...thinking the same thing on the level of the jug!:laugh:

I think the biggest thing I have learned from the SoCal Bash and the NorTex bash, is that you really can't plan to eat a meal at a specific time. Stuff gets done when it gets done.

For me, that is fine. That is how I like to eat. I prefer to eat a lot of small bites spread out over a whole day. I think every Bash should embrace that randomness.

CD

I think the biggest thing I have learned from the SoCal Bash and the NorTex bash, is that you really can't plan to eat a meal at a specific time. Stuff gets done when it gets done.

For me, that is fine. That is how I like to eat. I prefer to eat a lot of small bites spread out over a whole day. I think every Bash should embrace that randomness.

CD

Yeah, this is the truth. At home I can get meats on the table at the same time, but that's because I can just big meats in the cambro while little meats get done. That just wasn't happening at the bash--as soon as something came out of the smoker, the vultures started circling. :-D

I really liked that format anyway, I think everybody's products got to be showcased for the most part. Instead of a big spread where you had to pick and choose, everybody was eating the same thing at the same time and we could all talk about it.

We weren't circling, we were providing a wind block :wink:

My daughter told my wife on Sunday that, aside from getting no sleep on friday because of the wind, this was one of the funnest weekends she has had in a really long time. That's pretty cool considering this wasn't really a kid oriented event. I had a great time and can't wait for the next one. I really like the idea of a brisket comp. I also think we could expand it and make our own little complete comp with chicken and ribs entry. Each guy can pick and choose what meats he wants to enter, and if some aren't interested in that, they can do their own thing along side us doing the comp thing. We could even do a little winning pot where maybe each meat entry costs $10 or something and the winner of each meat gets the pot. Just an idea.

That is great to hear, erbeman! Tyler sure had fun chasing your daughter around!

Your chicken was excellent and I'm not sure I want to compete with it at the next one! I might try my hand at a brisket, though. :wink: Not that the briskets we had weren't top notch also, just I think it is one of the things I am starting to do well.

I like the idea of a friendly wager with winner taking the pot!

Looks like ya'll had a blast! Great looking food, nothing like brethren "strangers" coming together and leaving as great friends! :thumb:

That is great to hear, erbeman! Tyler sure had fun chasing your daughter around!

Your chicken was excellent and I'm not sure I want to compete with it at the next one! I might try my hand at a brisket, though. :wink: Not that the briskets we had weren't top notch also, just I think it is one of the things I am starting to do well.

I like the idea of a friendly wager with winner taking the pot!

Haha, well you have 6 months to learn :)

Thinking i'd skip the brisket competition and go for pulled pork . . .

(Serious about shigging DaveAlvarado. He definitely hit it out of the ballpark IMHO.)

And don't get me started about the cherry cobbler and pecan pie . . .

My daughter was so worried that she wasn't going to like everyone's Q. So much so that my wife told her before we left that if you don't like something, don't say anything, just walk away. Haha. Well, other than the smoked Spam, which is to be expected, she liked everything. We have a bunch a good pitmasters in the crew.

My daughter told my wife on Sunday that, aside from getting no sleep on friday because of the wind, this was one of the funnest weekends she has had in a really long time. That's pretty cool considering this wasn't really a kid oriented event. I had a great time and can't wait for the next one. I really like the idea of a brisket comp. I also think we could expand it and make our own little complete comp with chicken and ribs entry. Each guy can pick and choose what meats he wants to enter, and if some aren't interested in that, they can do their own thing along side us doing the comp thing. We could even do a little winning pot where maybe each meat entry costs $10 or something and the winner of each meat gets the pot. Just an idea.

I'd totally be down for a little friendly competition.

I wasn't expecting a kid-oriented event, but there sure were plenty of kids there having fun. I'd say anybody interested in coming to the next one, bring the family. If all those little mouths weren't there to feed, we'd have had a *lot* more leftovers!

(Serious about shigging DaveAlvarado. He definitely hit it out of the ballpark IMHO.)

It's funny you keep saying that, I wasn't particularly happy with that brisket. I've done better. I guess it's the rubs that were a winner for you. Just order from Redneck Cooker, you want the X-Factor (http://www.redneckcooker.com/?page_id=163) and Brisket Gold (http://www.redneckcooker.com/?page_id=31), a medium coating of each and cook it until it's done.

My daughter was so worried that she wasn't going to like everyone's Q. So much so that my wife told her before we left that if you don't like something, don't say anything, just walk away. Haha. Well, other than the smoked Spam, which is to be expected, she liked everything. We have a bunch a good pitmasters in the crew.

She claimed Dave's 2 racks of ribs to herself! It is a good thing we were all standing around like vultures :wink:

It is a good thing we aren't that crew on Walking Dead or she would have walked around claiming all the meat and we would have starved! :becky:

She claimed Dave's 2 racks of ribs to herself! It is a good thing we were all standing around like vultures :wink:

It is a good thing we aren't that crew on Walking Dead or she would have walked around claiming all the meat and we would have starved! :becky:

Yea, she makes me really proud when I see how much she loves good bbq and she actually knows what is good and what isn't. When she gets to pick what is for dinner, she either pics Hutchins or me smoking something. She would rather hang out with her dad and his bbq buddies than other little girls at the mall. That's pretty cool. I'm blessed for sure.

Yea, she makes me really proud when I see how much she loves good bbq and she actually knows what is good and what isn't. When she gets to pick what is for dinner, she either pics Hutchins or me smoking something. She would rather hang out with her dad and his bbq buddies than other little girls at the mall. That's pretty cool. I'm blessed for sure.
You are doing it right, man! She seemed like a great girl!

Back