• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cheap Cold Smoker?

Seems like you'd need to use that in something large. I have the pro-q cold smoker which burns much less surface area than that would and it worked great in a 22.5 Weber.

I ordered the 6x6 A-MAZE-N Smoker and it should arrive tomorrow... I hadn't even thought about this item until I saw it in the store tonight for ten bux.

All you need is a soldering iron and an cleaned out bean can full of dry chips.Looks interesting though.Keep us posted.Good Luck.:thumb:

All you need is a soldering iron and an cleaned out bean can full of dry chips.Looks interesting though.Keep us posted.Good Luck.:thumb:

Yup... I know that would work but I'm building a custom cold smoker and I want it to be self contained with no cords running in or out. I will probably do some experiments with the A-MAZE-N smoker in my WSM or my Kettle before I get that custom rig built though.

The custom rig is gonna be a wooden vertical box with a swing-out door on front with six 16x10" racks inside spaced about 3" apart so I can have plenty of space and multiple clearance configurations.

Sounds good.I have seen some sawdust things, a pro-q or something like that.Keep us posted.Sounds like a cool smoker.

Go for it. I once made a cold smoker out of a toilet tank, so yours can not be that crazy. I dunno where the thread is though. (think it's called off the wall smoker) I"ll look for it because this weekend I'm pulling that thing out of the garage and smoking some cheese and almonds. I gotta add a shelf to it first though.

I'm a huge fan of the ProQ unit. I understand and have seen some of the testing Ian has done developing the CSG on a trip down to Cornwall and would be a little concerned with the work involved in getting that drawer organizer going. The size of the dust looks to play a fairly sizable part.

I picked up one of these tonight at BBB to use in a drawer in my kitchen, but after thinking about it, I wonder if this would work as a dust cold smoker with a couple of minor mods?

Amazon.com: Copco 2555-7873 Mesh 5-Part In-Drawer Cutlery Organizer: Home & [email]Garden

Great minds think alike, and it looks like ours do to!

I bought the exact same one a while back at BBB. I got as far as burning the paint off of it, then got sidetracked. My plan was to use aluminum flashing and screws to wall off the sides and cut where necessary to make it one solid maze.

You have inspired me to get back on this!

Great minds think alike, and it looks like ours do to!

I bought the exact same one a while back at BBB. I got as far as burning the paint off of it, then got sidetracked. My plan was to use aluminum flashing and screws to wall off the sides and cut where necessary to make it one solid maze.

You have inspired me to get back on this!

I'd be willing to bet it could work. My A-MAZE-N smoker was supposed to arrive today but the USPS must have been a little slack so it won't show up until Monday probably...

I'd be willing to bet it could work. My A-MAZE-N smoker was supposed to arrive today but the USPS must have been a little slack so it won't show up until Monday probably...

No not the USPS! When have they ever been late? ;)

Back