View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

The GAB is the next best thing to the royal...You get TX teams invited as well.

The Royal is an experience - 400+ teams, and the people... it is what it is... (that is a pain to get in and out of, tiring, long walks, etc ,etc...) but nothing like it. I have always had fun there. It's "the royal"!!!

The GAB is over 200 teams, has an invitational, and has the World Brisket Open... Alot of the things that are issues at the Royal, have not been at the GAB(easy access in/out, Good Power, Plenty of volunteers, etc. So it is alot of fun, and a fixture for my spring planning - but it isnt the Royal. I've gotten to take a couple of good walks at the GAB - including a 1st in Chicken 2 years ago. It was AWESOME! But Nothing, comes even close to walking up on the stage at the Royal. I can't explain it - maybe it is the history there with the royal... The GAB is "new" in comparison.

both are great parties, both are great tests of skill... only one is "the royal" ---

Having said that - I would choose the Jack. It isnt really the same ballpark though. The Jack is not going to send you an invitation - you have to get your Draw. The GAB and Royal will send you your invitations based on your win. So Pick one of them - and save a couple days vacation for the October fling.