Fauxstrami Chapter 2

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So today I take my Fauxstrami out of the frige and unwrap it. Here it is, all nice and juicy.

IMG_3920_zpsb2dcb937.jpg

Re-light the kamado and take it up 375. Put it on to set the bark. (I added a little of the rub I had leftover)

IMG_3923_zps6addb8be.jpg

And here’s what it looks like after 40 minutes.

IMG_3925_zps61509623.jpg

Slice it up (Against the grain)

IMG_3927_zps1c4657bc.jpg

And now to use some of it up. Broke out the griddle to make some Ruben sandwiches.

IMG_3931_zps56a16318.jpg

Ready to serve.

IMG_3932_zpsf674e656.jpg

And plated. Sorry it’s out of focus. Stupid auto focus picked the items in back to focus on. Should have checked the pic before I ate the sandwich but I was hungry. :becky:

IMG_3933_zps2b3413bc.jpg

All in all I’m very pleased with the result. It wasn’t salty at all and my wife really enjoyed it. Since she really doesn’t enjoy red meat all that much, you know I did something right. :mrgreen:

that looks.........AMAZING! I just was researching today on how pastrami is just smoked corned beef so making pastrami is next on my agenda. looks amazing and I'd kill for those ruebens you made

that looks.........AMAZING! I just was researching today on how pastrami is just smoked corned beef so making pastrami is next on my agenda. looks amazing and I'd kill for those ruebens you made
Thanks, it and the Rubens turned out great. The only thing I'd do different is 1) make sure I had Coriander seeds on hand to grind and include in the rub and 2) use my meat slicer to have thinner slices.

Back