"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Saturday: Chinese style spare ribs and sausage bread
Sunday: chicken wingettes, naked fatty, hamburgers and hot dogs (may change)

Doing 2 pork butts on Saturday.
One is for us, the other one is for our new neighbors as a house warming gift!

Last edited:
Spatchcock chix on the OTG tonight with grilled vidalia slices, fresh sweet corn and grilled peaches for dessert. Meatloaf in a bacon weave tomorrow (might hide some cheese or peppers or both inside) with smashed garlic taters and rotisserie pineapple for dessert. Not sure about Sunday yet. Don't know if company is coming or if it's just the family.

Two butts and a ham to start up in the AM, digging up the first sweet taters of the season out of the garden and will give them a shot of UDS smoky goodness and the wife and kid won't let me fire it off without an apple pie hitting the grate.

A picnic shoulder to be cooked under my lovely new "Grill Gazebo".

Thanks again to the Brother for the heads-up on the gazebo sale at Aldi's!

No smoking but on Sunday I'll be grilling burgers and brats for about 60-80 fellow BMW riders at our annual picnic.

Gonna try smoking a load of MOINK balls using smoked sausage instead of beef, wrapped in thick cut bacon and then sauced, then a couple spatch chickens for chicken fajitas

Pics of said Sh!tload of pork?

Sorry man,no pictures.
Too much meat and Phish to take pictures of...I was in "shock and awww" mode.
I did take pictures of the cuts that I bought though...I'll post the pics when I'm back home in The Netherlands next week.

Today is Ribtoberfest in Norfolk, VA. My friends are going but I have to work. So tonight when I get home, I am going to have my own Ribtoberfest and watch the ufc fights!

Yesterday I did some 5 chile chili.

Two 8# butts are on the Pit Barrel Cooker!

IMAG0277.jpg
IMAG0277.jpg

Got a Boston butt going now and going to add a fatty!! Pics to come later.
Did ribs last night from a new supplier.....well not going there again. Smoked as usual and turned out sub-par. Live and learn

Attachments

• 20130921_121923.jpg
    20130921_121923.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Here is the sausage MOINK balls before/after and smoked acorn squash 250/ just over 3 hrs.
bqmj.jpg

1s25.jpg

i5ey.jpg

Got the chickens on now, my wife said ( after eating 4 of the Moink balls) great! another appetizer we will have to make :)

The perfect meal. We destroy Acorn squash here at our house.

This weekend is the first smoke with my newly built UDS (Seasoned two weeks ago, working last weekend).

For the occasion, I decided to do something that would add some flavoring/seasoning to the smoker and was willing to invest in a bit of prep.

SO...the winning items are:

1. BACON! Got a 3lbs pork belly about 11 days ago, used the amazingribs curing recipe. Tossed it on this morning and just got through slicing and wrapping. It's going to be Sunday brunch center piece tomorrow

2. Corned Beef Brisket -- I cheated on this and bought it already cured, both because I was lazy and because my wife wouldn't let me use anymore refrigerator space for curing. The brisket has been smoking for about 5 hours now, it's currently wrapped in foil with honey and apple juice for a bit of added sweetness

I'll post some pr0n later, been taking pictures as I go

Back