First time with the "nectar of gods"

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
ok.... now this is a really weird one.. not as weird as trying organs and such. Still a little weird.

Purchased a half cow.. and I was asked if I wanted bone cut for bone marrow.. I have never ate it before. Always heard its something you should try at least once.. At that point I was excited and I replied with a instant "YES!" Anything named "nectar of the gods" has a lot of promise.

Well sorry this isn't Q.. its snowing/raining.. Was gonna attempt this on the grill.. But I seasoned the bones with a dash of salt & pepper.. and gave it a good dose of garlic.

Roasted in the oven at 450 degree's for 15 minutes.. From researching was told if the marrow is nice and soft its ready..

MAAAAN!!!...... It is some damn good stuff! I spread it on town house crackers and rosmary and oil triscuits... Next time I will make a baguette.

When looking at it after digging it out of the bone it reminds me of the fat from a good cooked ribeye. Simliar texture anyways... I was just a little strange at first digging it out of the bones by the time it was all over I was in heaven!!

I have a bunch of these... I am all open for suggestions on ways to cook and prepare this!! Would like to know other ways to prepare it!

Cey7FGil.jpg

I believe its referred to as "Butter of the Gods" to be exact. You can put garlic, olive oil shallot and chopped herds on it to step it up a notch. when at the butchers ask them to cut a thin layer out of the bottom so they can sit flat on the roasting pan and not roll or spill.

I've been known to drag a piece of toast all over the baking sheet the marrow was roasting on.

I believe its referred to as "Butter of the Gods" to be exact. You can put garlic, olive oil shallot and chopped herds on it to step it up a notch. when at the butchers ask them to cut a thin layer out of the bottom so they can sit flat on the roasting pan and not roll or spill.

Well..... I looked into it.. I have heard it described as butter of the gods and nectar of the gods.. haha... I just liked nectar better! Doesn't matter I guess.

I've been known to drag a piece of toast all over the baking sheet the marrow was roasting on.

LOL..... I stood there with my crackers for a few minutes!! I will be making home made baguettes to go with the other bones!

I first tried marrow in South Korea. It was served on the side of the steak I ordered. At first didn’t know what it was. I asked the server and he said it was bone marrow. At first I was a bit grossed out and wouldn’t try it. I was finally talked into trying it about 2/3rds into my steak. I tried a small amount on a spoon and it was pretty good. Tried a bit on the next bite os steak and I was hooked. By the end of the meal I was eating everyone else’s by the spoonful. Truly butter of the gods.

I first tried marrow in South Korea. It was served on the side of the steak I ordered. At first didn’t know what it was. I asked the server and he said it was bone marrow. At first I was a bit grossed out and wouldn’t try it. I was finally talked into trying it about 2/3rds into my steak. I tried a small amount on a spoon and it was pretty good. Tried a bit on the next bite os steak and I was hooked. By the end of the meal I was eating everyone else’s by the spoonful. Truly butter of the gods.

This was my exact reaction to it last night! I can't wait to try it again.. Good news is there's plenty of it :D

My favorite is to roast on the grill over very hot coals. When it's soft and smooth, it's ready.

Back