P1070034.JPG

Great cook John! :thumb:

Now I'm going to have to rethink mine... :doh:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll!

Nice balls you have there sir, and quite large I see, different shapes, which is odd, but still very nice

Mama mia that's tasty meatball!

I couldn't decide whether to go traditional, or do something crazy. I thought up some creative, crazy ideas, but I couldn't think of anything crazy that I'd actually want to eat for supper.

So, I went traditional.

I started by making a sauce on Saturday, so it could sit overnight, allowing the flavors to meld together.

Sauce

Large can diced tomatoes
Small can tomato sauce
Dice onions
Minced garlic
Mushrooms
Dried oregano
Dried basil
Olive oil

picture.php

Today, I mixed up my meatballs, and let them firm up in the fridge for a few hours, before putting them on the red-head, indirect heat at 350 degrees.

Meatballs

1 pound ground chuck
1 pound ground pork
Chopped onion
Bread crumbs
2 eggs
Dried oregano
Dried basil
Grated pecorino roman cheese

picture.php

Then, it's on to the grill…

picture.php

Then, a little rest…

picture.php

I cooked up some Spaghetti, sauced it, added the meatballs and some more sauce, and dinner is served.

The money shot, with fork crutch…

picture.php

YUM!

CD

Last edited:
Very nice meatballs CD. :thumb:

Looks like you put some shrooms in the sauce too. If so, please tell me you aren't driving anywhere tonight... :tsk:

Oooops, there are mushrooms in there. I fixed it. :becky:

CD

Nacho Balls!

I thought I would try something a bit different for the meatball TD. I ran my idea accross Guerry Friday and he thought it was pretty cool. So here we go. I made up some taco seasoning.

TacoSeasoning.jpg

Mixed a couple tablespoons with some ground chuck, an egg and some bread crumbs.

Meatballmixture.jpg

Readytomix.jpg

Mixed that up and set aside while I prepared the cheese filling. I used Mexican Velveeta with our own pickled jalapeno slices in the middle.

Filling-2.jpg

prepping-1.jpg

Then I coated the cheese balls in chopped black olives.

Readytoroll-1.jpg

I then wrapped the black olive encrusted, jalapeno stuffed cheese balls in the meatball mixture.

Cuppingtheball.jpg

Letsgrill.jpg

On the grill.

Grillshot.jpg

While they were grilling I made up some guacamole.

GuacamoleStuff.jpg

There're done!

Cooling.jpg

But wait, there's more!!!! Now comes the wicked part, I'm gonna coat these suckers in crushed corn chips and deep fry them!

Cornchipstocrush.jpg

Crushedcornchipsandeggbuttermilkdip.jpg

Coated.jpg

Deepfrying.jpg

Draining.jpg

I served these babies up with salsa, sour cream with green onions and guacamole.

Plate-14.jpg

Mmmm, look at that cheese oozing!

Letseat.jpg

One of these will be the TD shot but I'm not sure which one yet.

TDshot.jpg

TDshot2.jpg

These were about the size of tennis balls and very rich, cheesy, meaty and crunchy. Deguerre ate 4 :shock:, hope he doesn't have a tummy ache in the morning! Thanks for looking!

Hey, redhot is back. :clap2: And, of course deguerre is on board, because he is probably lit. That, and the SWOOSH thing. :becky:

I'm with you on everything but the black olives. I just don't like them. Sorry. Looks great, otherwise. :thumb:

CD

There are some great entries here, brethern! Here is my attempt.

I made up some meatballs today! I mixed 1 pound of ground beef with 1 pound of hot Italian sausage along with some herbs and spices.

picture.php

I added some parmesan cheese and some bread crumbs,

picture.php

I rolled the meat into balls and put it in the fridge for about 6 hours to hang out. I made two big ones for the meatball throw down and stuffed one of them with a surprise.

picture.php

I fired up the keg to about 350F indirect, added some wine to the pan and in went the meatballs.

picture.php

Here is an in progress cook pic.

picture.php

And, here are some pics of dinner! My wife was very impressed with the flavor. I have to say that it was pretty good too.

picture.php

This is the TD pic.

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Michele, fantastically creative entry! :clap2:I like how you combined the roasted cheese corn pieces (Or whatever the general calls them) into the meatballs. If for any reason that doesn't make sense, don't worry...you haven't missed much around here. :rolleyes:

Glad to see you back posting here again!

Boshizzle, is that mozzarella in the stuffed balls?

I thought about putting fresh mozzarella in my balls, but backed down. I'm having second thoughts now. :doh:

CD

You had me at jalapeno
TDshot2.jpg

I'm speechless. :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Boshizzle, is that mozzarella in the stuffed balls?

I thought about putting fresh mozzarella in my balls, but backed down. I'm having second thoughts now. :doh:

CD

It's actually one of those little Laughing Cow cheese "balls." I made a grilled cheese sammy a while back using some cheddar and a chopped up LC cheese ball and it was really ooey and gooey. So, I decided to stuff a meatball with it and it turned out pretty good.

Back