View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Talking Fatty!! Pig Candy!! Pecan Pie!!

Got your attention yet?

So I'm cooking some stuff today, and I have some sausage. So naturally that means a Fatty. I also have some bacon, so naturally that means Pig Candy. Oh, did I mention there's Pecan Pie?

Anyhow, all this is on the smoker now, but I have some pron of the prepwork for all you pron preverts.

Here's the Sausage ready to be rolled up into a fatty. Oh, there's the...PECAN PIE! Don't let it touch the meat!

...then again, maybe if I let them touch just a little...

I'm liking where this is going. Think I'll add a little more goo to fill in the gaps.

I better get some of that crust in there...

All rolled up. A few pecans are trying to stick through though.

I made a bacon weave to wrap around it to help hold it all together, and then sprinkled the classic pig candy rub of brown sugar and cayenne on the bacon weave. Unfortunately...I was so caught up in the moment I forgot to take pics. I would take the camera outside and get a pic of it on the smoker, but it's raining outside.

Oh, my wife came home while I was wrapping this in the bacon weave, so she had no idea it was anything other than just a fatty. After it was on the smoker, she saw what was left of the pie. She said, no yelled, "You ate half the pie while I was gone"? I said, "No dear, honest, I've been a good boy and have not had any pieces of pie at all". So she asked where it went, and I told her she probably didn't want to know. Then she figured it out and said, "You put it in the meat???" And then said, "I'm not talking to you for the rest of the day, you are making me sick".

Wow. I should have thought of this YEARS ago!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->