Flat Fee vending

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have an oppertunity to do a few vending gigs with a few local auto dealerships, but they want an option to pay me a flat fee for the day, and then not charge thier customers.

2 Questions...

1 - Am I about to be taken for a ride?

2 - If the above answer is NO, what would the board charge for pulled pork sammies, brisket sammies, beans and a beverage?

Thanks!!

The thing to remember is that if they are car dealerships they are going to try and rip you off...

The Car Dealers should be making enough money to pay you pretty well.:rolleyes:

If it were me, I would come up with a pricing structure and charge them a flat rate per pound of whatever you are making. That way you can't lose money unless you do your math wrong. If whatever they order ends up being gone before the end of the event...that's too bad. Just my opinion.

It has always been my theory that if you are not making money its known as a hobby. My hobby is for me...business is business.

$7.00 per person, sell them a flat amount. Get paid up front then sell out!

Is there an estimate of how many people you will feed, or have they said how many they want you to feed? What if you bring food for 50 people and only 18 people eat? I say ask them to sign a contract or agreement that spells out what each of you expects from this deal.

$7.00 per person, sell them a flat amount. Get paid up front then sell out!
Nice!!!
Is there an estimate of how many people you will feed, or have they said how many they want you to feed? What if you bring food for 50 people and only 18 people eat? I say ask them to sign a contract or agreement that spells out what each of you expects from this deal.
It would vary by dealership and event... But, I would much rather just 'rent the space' from them, and sell at my own prices, that way I know what I know...

Thanks all!

Sammy beans and beverage - $8.00 per. But I would price based on so muck pork, brisket and beans and give a per event price. If they say 100 customers to be fed then $800 for the event and cook 60% pork and 40% brisket. So quote is for 15 lbs cooked weight of pork and 10 lbs brisket. Hope I did the math right. Plus 400 oz of beans. I'd cook at least 10% extra.

Invoice would read 15 lbs pork, 10 lbs brisket, 400 oz beans and 100 cans of pop. Cost $800 plus tax. Would include a beffet server setup and onsite cooker to blow smoke. And have lots of business cards to hand out.

I have an oppertunity to do a few vending gigs with a few local auto dealerships, but they want an option to pay me a flat fee for the day, and then not charge thier customers.

2 Questions...

1 - Am I about to be taken for a ride?

2 - If the above answer is NO, what would the board charge for pulled pork sammies, brisket sammies, beans and a beverage?

Thanks!!

I'd do $250 flat rate - all they can eat & drink.

*Plus $3.50 per sandwich "vendor prep", 4% surcharge for transportation, 5% surcharge for taxes, $150 processing fee, $72.36 for one day vend permits, 3.2% charge for general vend materials, $75 for disposal of hazardous wastes, 75 cents per head for the optional plates and forks, $1.68 per soda for optional drink ice and cups, 2% credit check fee, 4% bank processing and finance fees, and $1500 for additional vendor profit (you're in demand don't cha know):biggrin:

Last edited:

*Plus $3.50 per sandwich "vendor prep", 4% surcharge for transportation, 5% surcharge for taxes, $150 processing fee, $72.36 for one day vend permits, 3.2% charge for general vend materials, $75 for disposal of hazardous wastes, 75 cents per head for the optional plates and forks, $1.68 per soda for optional drink ice and cups, 2% credit check fee, 4% bank processing and finance fees, and $1500 for additional vendor profit (you're in demand don't cha know):biggrin:
Oh....that's funny!

Priceless!!!!!

Take that car dealership !!! awesome Slam!

Funniest thing I've seen on this site!

:laugh:

Too funny!

A flat fee vending job is a catering job. Handle accordingly, and make sure you have a tip jar.

Back