Smoked Pork Steaks - Little Help

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I used to go to a little joint where the owner used to shut down a couple weeks each year and go apprentice in a restuarant kitchen somewhere to learn new dishes. Over the years his menu grew to be quite varied and real good eats. Anyhow, one year he came back from Lousiana with this smoked cajun bone-in pork steak he served as a sandwich (2 slices white bread). It was great and I want to try to recreate it. From a little reading & research, I think I'm seeing that a bone-in Boston butt, sliced to 3/4"-1" is the "steak". Other than that I don't have a clue. I'm gonna start experimenting but if anybody can point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help.

You got it right. Pork steaks are sliced up thick cut bone in butt. Grill em, smoke em, cook em like a butt, broil em...all great and delicious methods.

Season with Head Country, smoke at 275 for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours mop each 1/2 hour ..... Shingle in large aluminum pan seal tight with alum foil, put back in pit for 1 -1 1/2 hours. They will be plastic fork tender. I have cooked more than 10,000 pork steaks this way and never had a complaint.

Back