Upgrading setup need some input

It comes out at the end of the year.

Things just got put on hold anyways. They changed the schedule at the new job to where it doesn't work with the kids so now I am job hunting again... talk about stress. Called my old boss and trying to get my prior job back. I wish they would have told me prior to my first day that oh by the way you got to work until 5am now and start at 4pm. I was supposed to have a 1pm to 9pm shift with the possibility of working until 11pm. Best part was they posted the 1pm to 9pm shift on their bulletin board as available. Ughh. I think I just got the old bait and switch crap. Shortest time I ever held a job. I think I will be ok though since my old boss had me call the hr office and tell them to call him. He said he would call me back in a few days. I don't have a problem with the job itself but no one to watch the kids that early in the morning. Just extremely disappointed in the outcome. I was looking forward to it but what can you do? just roll with it. I been pumping out resumes all day. Just taking a break to try and take a breath as I was not expecting this at all.

Sorry man. I wish you luck

It comes out at the end of the year.

Things just got put on hold anyways. They changed the schedule at the new job to where it doesn't work with the kids so now I am job hunting again... talk about stress. Called my old boss and trying to get my prior job back. I wish they would have told me prior to my first day that oh by the way you got to work until 5am now and start at 4pm. I was supposed to have a 1pm to 9pm shift with the possibility of working until 11pm. Best part was they posted the 1pm to 9pm shift on their bulletin board as available. Ughh. I think I just got the old bait and switch crap. Shortest time I ever held a job. I think I will be ok though since my old boss had me call the hr office and tell them to call him. He said he would call me back in a few days. I don't have a problem with the job itself but no one to watch the kids that early in the morning. Just extremely disappointed in the outcome. I was looking forward to it but what can you do? just roll with it. I been pumping out resumes all day. Just taking a break to try and take a breath as I was not expecting this at all.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope you land something great real soon

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope you land something great real soon
I have been through worse. It will be fine. Just in emergency mode. Just a spending freeze on anything non essential for now. My wife still has an income. Bills will be paid. Just applied for a bunch of jobs and called my old job to see if I can get it back. Told me they would let me know in a few days. I think they are hoping my accesses to certain computer systems havent been deleted yet. I left on good terms with them so I am hopeful. I never just quit until yesterday. Normally i would never do that but they lied to me and made it so I couldnt take care of my kids.
I hit up a few people I know that have gone to other govt contractors to see if they are hiring and could put in a good word for me.
God has never failed me. We always have a roof over our head and food in our bellies. It will be fine. Its not ideal but we will live.

Back