Eggs Aren't Allowed @ The Jack!?!

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our Dutch Poobah has been invited to The Jack but he's not allowed to cook on a BGE because Primo is a sponsor at that event.
So let me get this straight...you can bring almost any type of cooker but you cannot bring a BGE?
Is this true?
I call it BS if this is true.

I have never cooked it but I do not see how that could be A lot of people use them re Dizzy Pig

Got some new info...if I understand correctly Primo has a contract with The Jack that the'll supply "foreigners" with Primo's.

E-mail conversation between The Jack and Dutch Poobah...

The Jack...

Please let me shed some light on this matter. Contractually based Primo’s sponsorship level has given them product exclusivity within our event and they have chosen to sponsor the international portion. This is contractually binding and not open for discussion. If it was another type of cooker not in direct competition with Primo it might be open for consideration.

I can assure you if a BGE was cooked on in the past it was simply because we did not know about it. It would have to be addressed. This is why we request cooker information on applications for our international teams.

Thanks,
Debbie

Dutch Poobah...

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for your additional information.

I refer to my earlier mail to Wayne:

It will be good to think on the sincerity of the invitation to foreign teams.
This goes to the validity of this contest as a 'World Championship'.
As we found out today, the rules for foreign teams are different from the US teams.

Not that I think we had a snowball's chance in hell to win, but it would have been nice to enter the contest on a level playing field.

You wouldn't think of telling US teams to leave their grill at home and cook on something you provide.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Hazebroek

So, do the foreign teams get to keep the Primos after the competition?

I wonder what would happen if they told Myron Mixon he can't use a BGE. :shock:

CD

Well, that is unfortunate, but, if you pays the money, you get to call the tune. I suspect that it is exactly true, that most American teams would not want to leave their own pits at home for a competition.

It isn't exactly news that there are different rules for International versus domestic in terms of business though.

Phu, you should post those emails in the Competition Forum. Over hear in the Woodpile, you are mostly going to get comments from us whack-a-doodles.

I'd like to see what the Competition guys think about this.

CD

So, do the foreign teams get to keep the Primos after the competition?

I wonder what would happen if they told Myron Mixon he can't use a BGE. :shock:

CD

He'd just pull out his galvanized steel trash can.

Phu, you should post those emails in the Competition Forum. Over hear in the Woodpile, you are mostly going to get comments from us whack-a-doodles.

I'd like to see what the Competition guys think about this.

CD

See above.

Hi, I'm the guy Phubes is quoting.
He was maybe a little fast in publishing, we were discussing it on the moderator forum in Clogland, but I appreciate his friendship and loyalty.

Please keep it low-key until I get some more information, I gave them until tuesday.

If they don't respond favorably, I will release the Kraken.

The question for me is did they tell you this before or after cashing your check. If before, it's their contest, however unfair they can do what they want. If after, b.s., you can't take a team's money and THEN tell them they can't use their own stuff and have to play by different rules.

Well, It's an invitational, so they didn't actually take any money yet.

They just retracted the invitation and asked me to forward it to the next Dutch team on the list.

We did an official KCBS competition in April in Amsterdam.
We came fourth, after two Brits and an American.
Which was nice, because we never done this kind of contest before..

The first Dutch team got invited in the Jack.

They just retracted the invitation and asked me to forward it to the next Dutch team on the list.

RELEASE the Kraken! Actually, can't say I am surprised. This is the problem with corporate sponsorships. Of course, the Jack is a corporate event at it's core. It isn't really about being fair, it is about promotion and Primo owns the event.

Did they retract the invitation because want to use your egg?

Are foreigners considered competitors, or just a sideshow?

CD

Those farkers, they retracted the invitation? They're not even going to give you a chance to come up with another cooker? Now that's BS.

Clogland?
Our Dutch BBQforum. I'm Admin, Phubar is a Moderator, we have 1600 members.
It's the breeding ground for competition teams and first contact for a lot of people with real BBQ.

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
Originally Posted by Jeroen

Wait....

So they retracted the invitation?

And asked YOU to forward it to the next Dutch team?

That's farked up.

Back