SoCal Bash Saturday Sept 21! Head count starts HERE. Post if you are coming! ALL Brethren Welocme!

I suppose it is good that decided to forego the habanero/scallop ABTs...

Oooooooo...my Toyota's famous now. AND I GOTS SOMMA DAT MAC N CHEESE!!!

Big Mista knows I keed, I keed. :becky:

Maybe.

I don't care,
what you said
You would have loved
The Disco Bread!

20130921_175503_zps361bb21d.jpg

When I got home, the wife took one whiff of me and coughed, asked me if spent my time at the BBQ actually physically inside one of the smokers and asked when I was going to take a shower.

Now that's a brethren!

I cooked a big pot of chili for church today and people still asked why they were smelling BBQ.

Now that's a brethren!

I cooked a big pot of chili for church today and people still asked why they were smelling BBQ.

When it cools down more I am gonna break out those ghost peppers and make some chili!

More pr0n, to prove it did really happen.

Some brethren talkin' about cooking...

picture.php

A brethren preparing to cook...

picture.php

Some brethren preparing something to cook...

picture.php

A dog getting a dirty cooking grate ready to cook on...

picture.php

A brethren showing up with the necessary item to make it an official Brethren Bash...

picture.php

The wife of a brethren doing the cooking (redhot mod).

picture.php

The smallest Santa Maria grill I've ever seen...

picture.php

A long-haired farker cutting up the best fatty I've ever had...

picture.php

The best cornbread I've ever eaten, no matter what deguerre says...

picture.php

Some ribs passing the bend test...

picture.php

And, it isn't really a party until someone goes to the Emergency room... or in this case, has to soak his hot-grease burned toes in ice water.

picture.php

What a great time. The SoCal brethren showed a Dallas Dog a great time. :thumb:

CD

It's been 24 hours since I got home, and I'm still stuffed.

Major and Karen: Thank you for hosting! You are a wonderful couple.

Moose and Kathleen: Thank you for putting this together! The Roadside Chicken was spectacular, and chicken is my second to least favorite protein (unless it's wings).

BigMista: Your brisket has been catalogued. It is my target now. Next bash, I will make sure everyone is passed out right when the brisket arrives so no one will realize it "Disappeared".

Sorry for spoiling the pic of the disco bread. It called out to me before the cameras got there.

LCbateman and Sarah: Mrs SJ told me to shut up about the ribs and banana pudding. I have not had good banana pudding since before my mother passed over 25 years ago. Thank you for the memory.

GTR: Naked Fatties and the Kielbasa were on point, as was the pulled pork. The only reason the plate didn't sneak off into my truck was because Mrs SJ was going to check my cholesterol level when I got home.

Enkidu (and Amici (sp?)): I hope you won't mind if I "borrow" your recipe. Loved the flavor. But I will speak for Campdude when I say I will be looking for habanero and scallop ABTs next time.

SoCalWJS: Awesome tri-tip! Of course Mrs SJ said in response to my request for a mini santa maria grill, "You want ANOTHER rig?"

You and Ann and me and Mrs SJ need to talk more Kauai!

CaseyDog: Thank you for making the trip out here. I will also "borrow" the caprese. I will never divulge what you look like under the mask, even under the offer of a Lang or Klose.

Campdude: I'm not forgetting your name, test me at the next get-together.

Silverfinger, JustBS: It was a pleasure meeting you too. I am looking forward to more meetings (and Cabo Wabo)

Deguerre: You were there in spirit, and (from the photos in SPIRITS). Your ears must have been burning, because everyone talked about you.

Now, if I forgot anyone, charge it to my head and not my heart.

Last edited:
CD is a real person? :shock:

looks like a great time had by all. thanks for sharing the pics. i enjoyed them.

You were already famous. Now I have to figure out where we're going to put you in our house. :mrgreen:

And as for that Mac 'n Cheese, it was the absolute best Mac N Cheese I have ever eaten. I had three servings! :hungry:

How bout next to the litter box? Appropriate at least, and I'd feel right at home...:mrgreen:

Now, was I right about that Mac N Cheese, or what?

Oh, and...

picture.php

Who the fark foiled the dog?!?

Guerry,
It was great talking to you Saturday night.
We have to get together and do that again sometime!:becky:

Seriously,
That was cool having your photo on the table!
I wish you could have been there Brother!

How bout next to the litter box? Appropriate at least, and I'd feel right at home...:mrgreen:

Now, was I right about that Mac N Cheese, or what?

Oh, and...

picture.php

Who the fark foiled the dog?!?

^^^Lionel did. You know he's a pro 'cause he did the ribs first and then the dog - if you do it the other way, the dog fur would stick to the rib glaze. :thumb:

Back