HnF baby back ribs 1st attempt with pron

PDPatterson

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Talking food with co-workers yesterday made me have a craving for ribs. I don't get home from work until 4:00-4:30, so it doesn't leave much time for cooking. I've been reading about HnF cooking, so I thought I would give a try at Hot 'n Fast baby back ribs. Got everything on the UDS by 4:30, cooked for 3 hours at 300-310. They turned out great, if I do say so myself. Now for the pron:

baby_back_ribs2_4-9-14.jpg

baby_back_ribs_4-9-14.JPG

They sure look tasty!

Looks awesome!! I was also curious about the texture. Similar to low and slow? Did you foil at all?

The texture was great. Tender and juicy, with a nice clean bite. Just as good or better than the last batch of low 'n slow I cooked. I did "cheat" with foil. I cooked them naked for 2 hours, then wrapped for one hour with a sprinkling of brown sugar and honey. I then put on a coat of sauce and left them on for 15 additional minutes. I'm sold on HnF so far.

The look delicious! Thanks for posting. I like having a HnF alternative for different smokes for those times, like you, when I HAVE to have my meat, but am short on time.

Back