anyone ever try this lump charcoal?

dealm9

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
i thought i just posted a thread about this but it didnt show up so...

i just got turned onto doitbest.com from a thread about where to get smoking woods. i was looking around on it and the prices are great and i sawhttp://www.doitbest.com/Charcoal+an...od+Flavor-model-30501-doitbest-sku-800279.dib this and it really looks like a good deal for the price. anyone have any experience with this lump and have any comments on it, good or bad

i am not surprised. it looked a little sketchy but that is probably why it is so cheap. they have a 17.5 lb bag of RO lump which sounds good to me too :-D so i will go with that instead

i've tried that. it shot so many sparks and embers out of the top of my chimney that I had to get the hose out and water down my neighbors back deck.

I threw a bag of it away.

I contacted the naked whiz guy about it, he said that his bag didn't do that - but i wasn't willing to try it again.

If you get the Royal Oak, be sure to look down near the UPC symbol for the country of origin. I learned this the hard way. The regular Royal Oak that's made in the U.S.A. is "highly recommended". The Royal Oak Steakhouse, and the Royal Oak made in Brazil are "recommended". The Royal Oak made in Argentina is rated "average". But the Royal Oak made in Paraguay is only rated "below average" according to user ratings on Naked Whiz. Buyer beware.

If you get the Royal Oak, be sure to look down near the UPC symbol for the country of origin. I learned this the hard way. The regular Royal Oak that's made in the U.S.A. is "highly recommended". The Royal Oak Steakhouse, and the Royal Oak made in Brazil are "recommended". The Royal Oak made in Argentina is rated "average". But the Royal Oak made in Paraguay is only rated "below average" according to user ratings on Naked Whiz. Buyer beware.

yes thanks tish i noticed that too when browsing naked whiz's reviews. it's funny how they try and keep it hidden by writing it small on the bag. i am pretty surprised they have cowboy lump rated at above average, since i have seen so many bad reviews for it on this site about how it sparks and pops and has rocks and other junk in it

Back