State Wide Championship Series

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

If anyone knows of states (aside from NY) that have their own championship series (ie. numerous events that work together to crown a 'best of') please let me know.

I'd like to offer them a free ad in Smoke Signals.

Thanks!

Eric

The FBA has a similar set up with our Triple Crown Championship Series. Three contests in each FL, GA, AL. The top 10 teams from each state's 3 contests are invited to cook in the Championship in December.

Kansas has the Sunflower Series - Smoke In The Spring, Osage City, KS; Wild Blue BBQ, Burlington, KS; and Flint Hills Beef Fest, Emporia, KS.

Colorado and nearby states has the cup - rmbbqa.com

I don't think PA has one, but it sounds interesting. Any PA teams interested and any have any ideas on how to make it work?

Tennessee used to have a Tennessee Tripple Crown I think, but that is gone as of now. Last year there was the Highway 31 champoinship between Lewisberg and College Grove. I'm not sure if College Grove is happening this year.

dmp

I believe Alabama has one. Missouri has a "North Missouri Championship" (two contests only) and I believe they're doing an Ozarks Championship this year. Both are done by organizers and not a state association.

Thanks everyone! I'll start to try to dig out contact info for these championships.

In the meantime, please feel free to pass along my contact info and let them know that if they would like a free ad, it's there for the taking.

smokesignals@bbq-brethren.net

Eric

British Columbia has the "BC Cup" - cash and legacy trophy, for the highest overall point champion for their 5-6 PNWBA-sanctioned events.

Last year there was the Highway 31 champoinship between Lewisberg and College Grove. I'm not sure if College Grove is happening this year.

FTR, I found out tonight that CG will not be having a sanctioned comp this year, so unless some one else on Highway 31 has one, no Highway 31 Champ.

dmp

Back