BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Quesadillas"

I put up a poll on this.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57404
Everyone please vote so we can put this issue to bed.

I read through that Week 5 "Breads" Throwdown, and the multiple entries thing just sort of happened really. In the throwdown thread it is mentioned that only one of the entries can be submitted for voting, but then in the voting thread all of the entreis were posted. When a question was asked about that, the response was "you can only vote for one". So this question has never really been addressed clearly or definitively.

Queasdilla Throwdown

"The Money Shot"

DSC07176a.jpg

I slipped out of work early today to suprise Mrs ~t~ with some ABT's and quesadillas. It's not like these are a rare sighting around here or anything, but we haven't had any since the holidays. First I grilled some boneless thighs, onion, red pepper and jalapeno for the quesadillas. Then the ABT's were assembled and put on the Egg. While they cooked, I made some pico de gallo with fresh onion, tomato, chilies, lemon and cilantro. We had both corn and flour tortillas, so I made my quesadilla's with some of each, stacking the corn ones, and folding the flour ones.​

DSC07163a.jpg

DSC07157a.jpg

DSC07165a.jpg

Now that is some serious farken pron...the bar has been raised...very nice thirdeye!

Trp1fox's Entry

This might be a little different than you are used to, but I wanted to try something a little more complex than I normally do and work on some skills and presentation.

Started with the usual ingredients:
ingredients1.jpg

Decided to use a little lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro and garlic for a marinade:
marinade.jpg

I recently bought a Foodsaver and thought I would seal the marinade inside and see what kind of fast process I could get in a five hours. The marinade was strong, and penetrated the meat really well.
vaccumed.jpg

I tossed the Sirloins and the Anaheim on the grill:
grilled.jpg

As the steak was resting I made a couple of cheese quesadillas:
cheesed.jpg

topped.jpg

When the quesadillas were nice and brown I cut rounds out of them using a small round mold.

I placed one of the rounds inside the mold on the plate and then added the diced up steak and some diced avocado. On top of that I placed another quesadilla round.

After unmolding I added a little sour cream, tomato and some friend corn tortilla strips. A dusting of chopped cilantro and some salsa and you have:

plated.jpg

A couple more shots:
close3.jpg

And my entry shot:
close1.jpg

Its great to see everyones vision of the almighty Quesadilla...this will be Fun! Cant wait to see the entries this weekend...should be interesting:cool:

Wow! These sure beat what they serve at the local mexican restaurants. Great Pron guys!!

Well mine don't stack up to most here, but felt like putting them in anyway. Pron is okay, but was surprised that they dried out alot. They were not nearly as moist as the ones the wife does on the stovetop. First try at Quesadillas and on the grill was a challenge for me, but fun.

I used leftover smoked prime rib from Xmas, pork butt, briskie and chicken. A couple cheeses and the wife wanted one with chicken, corn and black beans.

Attachments

• SG102466_2.jpg
    SG102466_2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 131
  • SG102472.jpg
    SG102472.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 132
  • SG102475_2.jpg
    SG102475_2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 133
  • SG102476.jpg
    SG102476.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 133
wow nice looking food here!!!! going to be a good throwdown!

Not much here. Just some shrimp and andouille quesadillas while I was grilling some fish.

shrimpsausagequesadilla21.jpg

shrimpsausagequesadilla11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dejavu...:twisted: my wife Rhana wants your permission to use this picture for her laptop wallpaper...because...I mean...DAYUM! :p

DSC07176a.jpg

that is a great shot and thirdeye has my vote so far :cool:

Not much here. Just some shrimp and andouille quesadillas while I was grilling some fish.

shrimpsausagequesadilla11.jpg

Right...... "Just some shrimp and andouille laying around..." sure looks good to me. :biggrin: I bet that combination was really good.

Dejavu...:twisted: my wife Rhana wants your permission to use this picture for her laptop wallpaper...because...I mean...DAYUM! :p

DSC07176a.jpg

Whoa, How could I refuse that?? Getting wall-papered is better than getting Googled. :mrgreen:

about to get started on some quesadilla throwdown...anyone else?

Time for some steak and chicken quesadillas.
482429636_KsuF2-M.jpg

Made 1 with chicken, 1 with steak and 2 with chicken and steak.

482429582_Y3Snt-M.jpg

482429527_HiWxM-M.jpg

And the throwdown shot....

482429474_UUJ5P-XL.jpg

Back