Charcos Coconut Shell Briquettes Test Cook #1

$21.60 for the 10Kg box at the pallet price. 99 boxes per pallet, free shipping.

10% Off + Free Shipping to all shipping destination within the US, except Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Territories.

This limited time offer applies only for a pallet order minimum (99 cases @ 10 kg)

Thanks!

Now I just need to find 10 friends :-D

i really liked coshell but that seems to be like finding gold now.

You had me at the first picture that included ribs. :hungry:

And it only got better form that point on. Thanks for sharing the info.

This limited time offer applies only for a pallet order minimum (99 cases @ 10 kg)

Am I doing my math right? A pallet is a metric ton?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I looked at the link for EcoBrasa and was wondering about the firing method dsscribed here: http://ecobrasa.com/

Are you seeing people using charcoal grates or a "slit free" or flat surface? I'm guessing they would be mostly grilling like that?

Nah...we just do it the normal way over here.
Only time I've seen them burn on a flat surface was on a Dutch oven.

Many say that they don't like the "smell" from traditional briquettes and that is a factor for many. How would you compare just the basic smell/smoke given off by these vs. traditional briquettes like, KF, etc?

I can't compair with the US brands but compaired to different kind of traditional Dutch briqs these are as good as odeurless.
Once the startercubes are burned down and the lower coals are lit you don't smell anything...also no smoke.

Many say that they don't like the "smell" from traditional briquettes and that is a factor for many. How would you compare just the basic smell/smoke given off by these vs. traditional briquettes like, KF, etc?

No noticeable smell that I could detect. No flare ups or flames either when opening the dome lid. Grate temps dropped significantly when the dome was open, but rebounded quite fast when closed.

Very nice Brian Looks good My wife mistakenly got me a life time supply of mojo qubes for X Mas

The big question is. If you are paying $2-3 a pound for these when you can buy lump for around a $1 a pound. Other than saving the environment do they last 2-3 times longer and burn as hot as lump to justify the price? This test was in an egg. How well will they work in regular fire boxes with no insulation?

to be blunt, i like to learn of other good charcoal just as much as the other guy but i'm usually just plain put in the who cares zone when stuff is just plain near impossible to find or get. i just don't get it. what are the manufacturers thinking ?
i know there are a lot of issues but i really don't care. if i can't get it, whats the point ?? loved the writeup though.

I'm with you George! But the group buy was initiated by Mike C. who submitted the WSM cook to the Charcos site. He has a neighbor that got in on one of the original Kamado.com extruded coconut charcoal briqs and when that supply ran out, they in turn bought a bunch of the Charcos when it was available locally. I actually bought the box from Mike a year ago and just never got around to it. I know its available in Canada, and some folks in SoCal claim its available at some True Values.
When I talked to the BGE distributor that supplies dealers with Wicked Good lump and asked why they don't get the WG Briqs as well, he replied he has to buy a container load. Can't think of many dealers that would do that.

Back