BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!!!

Beautiful sandwiches so far.

Smoker101 -- love the gooey cheese in the middle and that fantastic smoke ring, looks like it tasted great and CD's colour correction does it proud!

Lytnin -- what a great breakfast sandwich, looks delicious
-- the smoked chuckie sandwich looks so good I want one now and "hello" to the potato roll!

If you want, you can edit in this color corrected photo.

picture.php

If you don't know how, bigabyte can probably do it with his special powers.

CD

CD... Is this ^^^^^ the one I touched up (below), or did you do one too?

scaled.php

Nevermind... Now that I look at them both, I can see yours looks better... :oops:

Offical Entry:

Back home on the weekends me and friend would go hang out at the local dirt track. we would usally find someone we knew and try get on there pit crew for the night.

One of the things they had at the concession stand was a Pork Chop Sandwich. it was something that you got early in the night or you didn't get one.

pcs3.jpg

Boneless loin pork chop pounded thinner, and light dusting of rub.

pcs4.jpg

After cooking serve on a hamburger bun, with a bit of BBQ sauce

Offical Entry Pic
pcs5.jpg

Served with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Kettle Chips

Official entry!

I don't have much in the way of action shots, it was a really busy day yesterday...

I finally had time to make myself some sammiches today, homemade bratwurst, homemade kraut with caramelized onions and stone ground mustard.

Its buddy next to it is a pulled pork sammy with tangy Carolina slaw and sauce, some Dirty sea salt chips and a cold, cloudy, refreshing hefeweizen.

Thanks for lookin!

2012-07-20_18-14-19_HDR.jpg

2012-07-21_11-10-25_892.jpg

Use this pic please

2012-07-22_14-23-55_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
CD... Is this ^^^^^ the one I touched up (below), or did you do one too?

scaled.php

Nevermind... Now that I look at them both, I can see yours looks better... :oops:

You did a good job on the color balance. On mine, I enhanced the color saturation just on the bread, and sharpened the overall image.

You are on the right track. :thumb:

CD

Ok cd i see what you did it took me a little to see you made the color better. I like yours better.

Yeah, I occasionally fix photos for people. I could tell that you made a good burger, so I wanted to make it look more like what I think it tasted like.

BTW, be sure to look at the Photography Tips and Tricks thread in the Throwdown forum. A lot of good information is shared in there.

CD

Here' my entry into the Sandwich Throwdown. I call it "DOH Fibrillator"
Smoked poilsh, bacon, burger, chedder and peeper jack cheese, on a buttah toasted bun with ketchup and Uncle Phil's Polish mustard. Some onion, pickles and hot sport peppers. Oh, is this good. :icon_smile_tongue: Some before and the last pic is my entry............

Last edited:
French Toast Spicey Cheeseburger

This is my official entry into the Sandwich throwdown.

My first thought was a chili dog, but with the temps hovering at 100º for the next couple of days, that didn't seem like such a good idea. I then started thinking about burgers, but I knew that a normal burger was not going to be anything special, so I though about how I could take it a little further.

Here are the pics. Enjoy. I know I did.

4 hand formed patties sitting on the counter for about 30 minutes
fc330aab.jpg

1563b7b9.jpg

granulated garlic, lawry's seasoned salt and black pepper on both sides
9acfb22b.jpg

fresh cut tomato and red onion. please add on any additional unicorn points available
ff8be7e3.jpg

home made bread and butter pickles
75728a5b.jpg

burgers off the grill, one with extra hot pepper jack cheese
379f9a02.jpg

sara lee honey wheat bread and a mixture of egg, milk and cinnamon sugar
94dae946.jpg

french toast on the weber
ef77938d.jpg

building the sandwich
5555dbe6.jpg

cut away shot of the sandwich
1f113f49.jpg

finished burger. use this one for my entry
1da10ccc.jpg

all gone
0e6a673f.jpg

I was surprised because I though I had a little too much milk in the egg mixture, but it was fine. It tasted great! :grin:

Thanks for looking.

Official TD Entry and such.

Bacon wrapped and stuffed Chicken breasts with jalapeno on Texas Toast:

A Friend went down South and brought these back from Charlie T's:

108gqvp.jpg

11vtyft.jpg

Rocking the neighborhood at 1 watt per channel. Giving the Mighty WSM a rest:

2cnv2as.jpg

The flip:

ogammq.jpg

There was a runt in the litter, pulled it eary and kept on Chooglin':

ipxq8l.jpg

Hit the stuffing with the Therapen. Chick temp was around 168*F. :

fm8cgz.jpg

Now for my specialty, TOAST! :

2zfvewx.jpg

Chopped and plated with sides and a spare breast. Please use pic below for the TD:

1z6y06d.jpg

Thanks for Lookin' !

Bacon wrapped and stuffed Chicken breasts with jalapeno on Texas Toast:

A Friend went down South and brought these back from Charlie T's:

108gqvp.jpg

11vtyft.jpg

Rocking the neighborhood at 1 watt per channel. Giving the Mighty WSM a rest:

2cnv2as.jpg

The flip:

ogammq.jpg

There was a runt in the litter, pulled it eary and kept on Chooglin':

ipxq8l.jpg

Hit the stuffing with the Therapen. Chick temp was around 168*F. :

fm8cgz.jpg

Now for my specialty, TOAST! :

2zfvewx.jpg

Chopped and plated with sides and a spare breast. Please use pic below for the TD:

1z6y06d.jpg

Thanks for Lookin' !

That looks awesome!

Official Entry for the Sandwich Throwdown.

Here is my official entry for the sandwich throwdown. Wasn't planning on entering but a camera was present while I was making a dish that could hit both this and the kebab throwdown so I had to go for it!

Full cook thread can be found here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2145805#post2145805

kebab6.jpg

Fantastic entries, brothers.

Pyrotech -- that is exactly the kind of sandwich I would want to eat at the track, looks delicious

KnucklHed -- done it again, where do I start? Homemade kraut for one, love it. Do you make sour cabbage heads for cabbage rolls, too? We used to buy them and now make them better than the store. Love the homemade bratwurst, loved the pulled pork, love farkin' all of it, beautiful pics of the sandwiches. Great performance!

Toast -- yeah, you do make beautiful toast! The grilled chicken in blankets is mouthwatering as is the whole sandwich with sides. Yes, I'm drooling again. I loved the fun touches of story with the 1 watt boom box and pulling out the runt of the litter.

Elrik -- I read the whole thread, what a great idea to bring us with you to the beach! Brilliant cook and the flavours look divine, both for the sandwich and that salad with strawberries no less. I'm hungry. Good looking entry.

Back