Corned Beef Hash

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I just changed out the water for the corned beef I am soaking and plan on smoking this weekend. Aside from slicing for rubens, I was thinking about making some corned beef hash - anyone have a recipe they care to share?

I make a pretty simple one, using chopped onions, finely chopped celery sweated, then remove veggies from oil, add pre-cooked potatoes (often I just steam some chopped reds or yukon golds) and cook over medium heat until browned, add in the corned beef shredded from thick slices. Heat through making sure to get some crunchy browned stuff, add the veggies back in and heat through. Since I use leftover corned beef, the amount of potatoes is determined by how far I need to stretch the meat. Ideally, it is probably 2:1 taters to meat.

If you smoke the corned beef and then make hash, you'll have pastrami hash...not corned beef hash.

I should mention that one of my favorites is hash made with sweet potatoes. With some chilies in the mix, this stuff is belt busting good.

I feel good .. em ha those taters, chillis, peppers and onions w beef eggs what a pheasant dish ...goes good with 750 ml of red wine.

clint, (smokeindaeye) has a great pastrami hash recipe, not sure if it's here or on his blog... if a search doesn't find it shoot him a pm.

Back