My Yoder Smokers YS1500 has arrived! (Very picture heavy)

Okay, that brisket looks FAKE! As in, it looks SO PERFECT that it can't be real! Looks like some great stuff on this machine!

If you had to pick one of the two which would it be?
I prefer Lumberjack, but many prefer BBQr's Delight. I've tried a few different brands, and those two are consistently the best for me. However, I prefer the flavor of Lumberjack, and I get them for less $$$.

The top finished brisket picture (right brisket in the cooker) was a new homemade rub and wrap method I was trying for competition, I didn't like the way it turned out, won't do it again. The bottom finished brisket picture (left in the cooker) is good old Plowboys Bovine Bold, and I put a little bit of Lotta Bull Red Dirt on top to add a little color. In the end I don't think the Red Dirt added anything to the brisket. You really can't go wrong with Bovine Bold on a brisket.

Does the upper shelf have a slide stop/anti tip catch on it?

Slide stop, no. Anti-tip, catch at the back of the rack, yes. You can slide the top shelf out all the way except for the last 2-3 inches where it won't tip out or slide out.

I have a 5lb bag of Bovine Bold but I've never tried it on a brisket. I think a flat is in my near future.

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

:-D

What have you been using it on?

Not to hijack, but I apply Bovine very heavy on brisket and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the rub rehydrate. It's also great on chuckies, burger and in a bloody mary!

Not to hijack, but I apply Bovine very heavy on brisket and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the rub rehydrate. It's also great on chuckies, burger and in a bloody mary!
Hijacking from a mod! :tsk::tsk:

No hijack at all, and that is exactly how is use it for brisket. I really like the bark I get by letting it sit in the fridge for a few hours first.

But I WILL have to try it in a bloody mary. Do you add it to Zing Zang, or just tomato juice and vodka with BB?

Now THAT is how you hijack! :laugh:

I used it on some pork butts and I think I put it on a rack of ribs or two. I have so many different rubs, sauced and crap that I need a spinning wheel to help me decide what I'm going to use!

:confused:

I used it on some pork butts and I think I put it on a rack of ribs or two. I have so many different rubs, sauced and crap that I need a spinning wheel to help me decide what I'm going to use!

:confused:

BB is actually really good on ribs, I have done that too.

Don't tell the folks at Yoder that, no love for Longhorns up here! :-o

And as it is the standard in-house orange, it's OSU Cowboy Orange if you want to be specific. :p

Go Cowboys!
a_zps0684bf1a.png

Fark! I hit the bandwidth limit. Pictures will be back when my limit resets on the 25th. :tsk:

You should ask Don (from Yoder) to pay for your Photo Bucket account as he is getting free advertisement from you. I'm sure you've helped sway more than one purchase towards Yoder. :grin:

You should ask Don (from Yoder) to pay for your Photo Bucket account as he is getting free advertisement from you. I'm sure you've helped sway more than one purchase towards Yoder. :grin:
Thanks for the kind words, but that's not my style. I did this thread to help people that may be on the fence between cookers as I was a few months ago. My point is not to sell these cookers, but to inform people that might be interested in it. And if a few sales come from it, that's cool.

Besides, I don't think my photos will be getting viewed as much from now on anyway since the newness has worn off. One more day isn't worth $3/month for me. :thumb:

Last edited:
Back