Bag Awnings

Rich Parker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I recently had an ez up fly away at a comp and instead of replacing the ez up I was thinking about getting an awning on the side of my 6 x 12. Since I cook alone I was thinking that the awning would be easier to handle.

There is a company in Chicago that I found called Shademaker that I can get a 10 - 11 footer by 8 feet deep for around $300 delivered.

Do any of you have any experience with this type of awning or this company?

Comments good or bad on this idea is welcome. :)

We have the typical roll up awning on our trailer and use it all of the time. You do have to watch it in high winds, however, but it is sturdier than an EZ-up type since it is attached to the trailer. I'm not familiar with that brand and I wish they had better pictures. I really can't tell the difference between the bag awning and the roll up awning on their web site.

We have the typical roll up awning on our trailer and use it all of the time. You do have to watch it in high winds, however, but it is sturdier than an EZ-up type since it is attached to the trailer. I'm not familiar with that brand and I wish they had better pictures. I really can't tell the difference between the bag awning and the roll up awning on their web site.

Can you give me some info on yours like size, brand, and maybe a picture?

I'm pretty sure it is made by Dometic, but I'll check the next time I go outside. The trailer is a 6x12 v-nose and the awning is 10 feet long.

Here is a picture of it closed...

PB290646.JPG

and here it is open...

P9250111.JPG

The legs can also be removed from the brackets that the base on the trailer and set up freestanding, but you have to secure them like you do an EZ-up. Ours was blown up on top of the trailer by a freak gust of wind on an otherwise calm day last year.

Thanks for the pics.

The bag awning has 7' foot legs but I like the idea of the legs being attached or free standing like the canopy.

It would be nice to lower the amount of time it takes to unload and load

I have a 6 ' roll up on the side of my 6/12 vnose and a 6 ' bag awning on the back with an add-a-room, the floor of which is the ramp on stands. Had to make some mods to the add-a-room because of the height of the awning from the ground and the fact it is almost level to allow head room.

I have been pleased with both.

here is the link to their web site.

http://www.interwestsports.com/bag awnings.html

Back