• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Costco CAB Prime brisket--SoCal brethren step in..

FWIW...Costco Business Center in Commerce had a bunch of CHOICE grade packers for $2.29/pound today.

If anyone in Orange County is having trouble finding them, the Costco on Technology in Irvine has consistently had them in the prime beef area. The price this week is $2.69 per pound. And as an added tease, they have also have bulk cryovac prime tri tip for $4.39 per pound (I think each pack contains eight tri tips).

I smoked two briskest this weekend, one was a choice from Smart and Final the other a prime CAB from Costco. Everyone praised the choice brisket when they sampled it, but crowded the kitchen for seconds when they sampled the prime. Clear consensus that the costco brisket was superior.

If anyone in Orange County is having trouble finding them, the Costco on Technology in Irvine has consistently had them in the prime beef area. The price this week is $2.69 per pound. And as an added tease, they have also have bulk cryovac prime tri tip for $4.39 per pound (I think each pack contains eight tri tips).

I smoked two briskest this weekend, one was a choice from Smart and Final the other a prime CAB from Costco. Everyone praised the choice brisket when they sampled it, but crowded the kitchen for seconds when they sampled the prime. Clear consensus that the costco brisket was superior.

No surprise there brah!!

I contacted Costco Corporate and here's what they said -

"Dear Matthew,

We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, it appears the Prime Full Beef Brisket is currently discontinued nationally. It is our goal to provide our members with the highest quality name-brand products while keeping our stock focused on the best selling items. Since we price our items as low as possible, all items must demonstrate high sales in order for us to continue to stock them.

Our buyers occasionally review the possibility of re-introducing products. We will forward your e-mail to them so they are aware of your interest as we value our members' input.

Please let us know how we can be of any further assistance to you. Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for being a loyal member of Costco!

Thank you,

Rosalinda M
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation"

SO - I encourage EVERYONE to contact Costco and request that they stock "Prime Full Beef Brisket".

Amen.

If anyone in Orange County is having trouble finding them, the Costco on Technology in Irvine has consistently had them in the prime beef area. The price this week is $2.69 per pound.

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up a 12 pounder this morning. If you don't see any in the cooler, just ask, they should have some in the back, at least that's what the guy stocking the cooler said.

I contacted Costco Corporate and here's what they said -

"Dear Matthew,

We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, it appears the Prime Full Beef Brisket is currently discontinued nationally. It is our goal to provide our members with the highest quality name-brand products while keeping our stock focused on the best selling items. Since we price our items as low as possible, all items must demonstrate high sales in order for us to continue to stock them.

Our buyers occasionally review the possibility of re-introducing products. We will forward your e-mail to them so they are aware of your interest as we value our members' input.

Please let us know how we can be of any further assistance to you. Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for being a loyal member of Costco!

Thank you,

Rosalinda M
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation"

SO - I encourage EVERYONE to contact Costco and request that they stock "Prime Full Beef Brisket".

Amen.

I dont know about being discontinued because I just picked up another one today. I can't resist passing by them and putting one in the cart each time I go to Costco. Im stocking up and I want to do my part in keeping up the demand so hopefully they keep stocking them. Every bit counts imo.

Just stopped by the la habra costco and they currently only have one left which is a 14.78 pounder. Was looking to purchase a 10-13 pounder. As well had no more room in the freezer.

I want to do my part in keeping up the demand so hopefully they keep stocking them. Every bit counts imo.

Me too...I picked one up during our Burbank Costco run today while I was smoking my first packer. Came out pretty tasty!

2013-09-21193548.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Was at the Temecula costco on Friday night. Nada. Asked the meat guy, never seen them before....
I was there today and asked the manager to look up the sku from the pics provided in this thread, and he did, and said he has no plans on ordering any full packers... :sad:

My wife insisted on stopping by Costco La Habra on 9-23 evening for 2 more 11+ pounders.

My wife insisted on stopping by Costco La Habra on 9-23 evening for 2 more 11+ pounders.

Nice!! I'm stocking up as well. I check any Costco that happens to be on my way. So far Burbank seems to be the only one in my proximity.

Nice!! I'm stocking up as well. I check any Costco that happens to be on my way. So far Burbank seems to be the only one in my proximity.

I am lucky that brethren reported LH was stocking them, and my wife drives by that store daily.

I am relatively new to smoking(meat), and to be honest, brisket scares the bejesus out of me. I would never had tried smoking brisket yet if not for this exceptionally good price.

I cooked my first briskey on Sunday, roughly using Bigabyte's 2009 tutorial, in a kettle with KBB and Pecan chunks. Around 8 hrs @~300, no wrapping, quickly exposes the cookers limitations. Was luscious, like butter infused beef. Will try more techniques this weekend on my next brisket victim.

Just found one of these at the Costco in Palm Springs (technically Rancho Mirage)!:thumb:

(actually, there were several - I chose one of the smallest as there are just the 2 of us)

Now to figure out how I want to do this one.... still learning.

I'm going to try the Fullerton and/or La Habra stores tomorrow. Hopefully I can score one, it'll be what's cookin' for Sunday football.

I am lucky that brethren reported LH was stocking them, and my wife drives by that store daily.
I too drive by it daily. I think I was giving her the 'evil eye' when she lingered too long near the briskets... :)

When I asked one of the butchers if there were any more in back, he said no and that they did have some nice choice flats... for 2x the price. :crazy:

I am relatively new to smoking(meat), and to be honest, brisket scares the bejesus out of me. I would never had tried smoking brisket yet if not for this exceptionally good price.

I cooked my first briskey on Sunday, roughly using Bigabyte's 2009 tutorial, in a kettle with KBB and Pecan chunks. Around 8 hrs @~300, no wrapping, quickly exposes the cookers limitations. Was luscious, like butter infused beef. Will try more techniques this weekend on my next brisket victim.

That's awesome. Glad you knocked it out. There is so much marbleization on these briskets that makes it hard to screw it up. I'm doing another one as we speak.:grin: Another reason to go and buy some more since I opened up space in the freezer.

I just picked this beauty up in the Canoga Park Costco:

I should have gotten two! The meat guy said they would have them through the holidays.

I just picked this beauty up in the Canoga Park Costco:

I should have gotten two! The meat guy said they would have them through the holidays.

Sweet! It seems like they're starting to pop out at more locations.

Back