Honey Mustard Chicken

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/ZwUDH-6fCCU[/ame]

Check out this super-delicious Honey Mustard Chicken recipe on your grill sometime soon! This home-made honey mustard sauce will take your chicken to the NEXT LEVEL!

Sauce Recipe:

1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup whole grain stone ground mustard
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dried tarragon (or 2 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon)
1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger root
6 to 8 chicken pieces of your choice

Mix the sauce ingredients and pour it in a bag or mixing bowl over the chicken pieces. Let the chicken marinate in the sauce while you preheat your grill to 350°F.

After your grill comes to temp, transfer the chicken pieces to a baking dish and drizzle on the remaining honey mustard sauce. Bake in the grill with a single chunk of smoking wood for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken registers an internal temp of 175°F for dark meat or 165°F for breast meat.

Remove from grill and let cool for 10 minutes or so before serving!

Fantastic video, as always, John! Thanks for posting.

Man! I feel jilted! I live 20 minutes down the road and the lady of the house is from Drexel! And still no invite!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great video as usual!!

Really nice recipe John. I like the addition of tarragon to the mix. I think tarragon is an under used and under appreciated spice. I thinks it adds a nice licorice flavor without over powering the dish. I also like how you used the Joe as an oven instead of a grill. I thought for sure you had forgotten to add a drip pan in your setup. :-o

Man! I feel jilted! I live 20 minutes down the road and the lady of the house is from Drexel! And still no invite!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great video as usual!!

We'll have to get together some time and put some meat on the fire :)

Honey Mustard Chicken is a favorite of mine! I think I just found my Super Bowl idea!

I'd hit that!

Bob

I read the recipe (didn't watch the video) After marinating the thighs while bringing the Akorn up to temp I just put the chix pieces on the grill. Grilled chicken thighs w/ Honey Mustard sauce - WINNER :tongue:

Looks good. Wife pulled out some boneless skinless chicken breasts from the freezer this morning so I think I'll make this tonight.

Excellent recipe! I made it last night on stuffed chicken breasts and stuffed chicken thighs it was the bomb. Thanks for posting ! It's surely going to be done over and over again at my house.

Back