Saturday Afternoon smoke pics

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got a turkey boob on sale. Brined it and seasoned it. Smoked it for about 4 hours. Stuffed the fatty with carmelized onions, cheese and spinach. It was a nice change.

turkeyboob.jpg

spinachfatty.jpg

Comments?

Thanks! The fatty is tasty! Gonna have the turkey boob for dinner when MrsMista gets back.

Good looking grub, Mista. Be sure to save some for MrsMista, now. Don't want you in the doghouse:mrgreen:

turkey's one of the next things i've gotta try....that looks great!

Smokin Okole said:
turkey's one of the next things i've gotta try....that looks great!

ooo, Edee-if you have not tried smoking turkey, run, don't walk, and get a couple of turkey breast halves, and maybe a few turkey thighs, and get them in your smoker. Easy, and good. Did I say good? Turkey breast is one of the things I do like I do fattys. If I have room in the smoker, I toss a couple on. The freeze well, and make great impromptu meals.

Turkey breast is juicy and smoky. Nothing like anything you would buy in a store.

Bigmista said:
Turkey breast is juicy and smoky. Nothing like anything you would buy in a store.

Absoutly, MrMista. The Turkey breast you smoke at home bears no resembalance to the stuff you can buy in the deli. ten thousand percent better, at least.

Turkey boob? :lol: very funny! And no doubt very tasty - great job, looks awesome. As for the fatty, you owe me a new keyboard because the spontaneous drooling caused by your pic blew mine out! :lol:

Bigmista said:
Figured it was easy way to sneak in a veggie...

I was gonna ask, what is this spinach you speak of? Now I know, it's vege, veget, vegetable. Are these located in the spice aisle?

Just kidding Mista. And the boob looks great!

Bigmista said:
Got a turkey boob on sale. Brined it and seasoned it. Smoked it for about 4 hours. Stuffed the fatty with carmelized onions, cheese and spinach. It was a nice change.
Comments?

This was a turkey breast weekend for sure. I did two and two neighbors has them on also.

e971c74d.jpg

Bigmista, You got some good color on yours, what wood were you using? Spinach in a fatty.... I knew there was a healthy way to prepare them. Hehee.

I used the rest of the cheap charcoal and hickory chunks I got from Wallyworld.

how long did you brine it for and what temps did you smoke at? looks great!

If ya can't find spinach in the spice isle, walk down a little further to the oriental isle. You could probably stuff one with Nori and pickled ginger....
Smart ass mod thinking serious.
Hmmm maybe coated with toasted sesame salt.
It might happen!

Back