• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Williamsburg Style Sauce

S

Smoke Lover

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I am looking for a good sauce recipe. I am hoping to get something really close to Prosser's BBQ Sauce(a restaurant and retailer of sauces in South Carolina). The style is classified as a "Williamsburg Style." Any help is much appreciated.
Smoke Lover

I don't have a clue what 'Williamsburg style' is. As far as I know Williamsburg is in Virginia. That would suggest a tomato based sauce. I have eaten at Prosser's at Murrells inlet and it was OK. The sauce on the ribs tasted like Kraft Original with a little mustard . I don't know the demographics of the place but like Myrtle Beach it's a tourist trap. So, clean out the cupboard and creat Williamsburg Style sauce.

Williamsburg style refers to the Scottish decendants that lived in Williamsburg County, South Carolina. They were known for their vinegar and pepper style sauce that has a hint of tomato to it. Just 1 that I have a preference for.
Thanks,
Smoke Lover

I bet it would taste Great in a OBR serving in the cold wind and rain with a warm cup o' joe.:grin:

Williamsburg style refers to the Scottish decendants that lived in Williamsburg County, South Carolina. They were known for their vinegar and pepper style sauce that has a hint of tomato to it. Just 1 that I have a preference for.
Thanks,
Smoke Lover

Sure does sound like some of the N. Carolina sauces ta me.:wink:

Back