Your basic backyard rib cook and Brethren mini-bash

Nice cook Bob. I'm going to have to try the rubs. Think if I use the TBS= ~15ml it will get me close? Tell Rob we miss him.

So, I'm thinking no answer either means "yes", or "You farking MORON! Get some Metric measuring utensils!!!"
yes! :becky:

and no, 1 tablespoon equals 14.6 ml

Must take note of your local,I may be in the area one day:hungry:

I'd dance a jig to get a tri tip that looked like that around here. Very nice! :thumb:

great eats, great spirits, great friends.....Just does not get much better!!!

Those ribs look great, Bob.... but I'd do some serious mayhem to get some of that tri-tip. It looks amazing! Why is it we can't get that out here in PA? :sad:

Because, for us out here to have as much tri-tip as we could want, all of the stuff that would head east ends up coming here. :wink:

There is a place in NYC that sells wagyu steaks. If I can time it to get down there during business hours on my way home from the closing of my condo, I'll bring some home with me. It's just annoying you can't get roasts there. I was looking at the price online to buy some. The price wasn't as bad as I'd expected, but man.... the shipping will kill ya!! :doh:

I hate it when mini-bash invitations get lost before delivery. It's almost as bad as someone running out of food when you're planning to show up with a bunch of friends...

Can we debate the social significance and differences between Waygu and Kobe beef? Or has that happened before?

Everything looks good, but that tri-tip has me drooling!

great meal!

my thermapen must be off because 130* doesn't look like that!

nice work....i really like "benign neglect". that's why i BBQ and not grill. :becky:

Great looking food. And all I could do was suffer through a couple racks of beef ribs today... I didn't know Jeff was going to be out here!

So, Jeff was a last minute thing, and coming off the last non-event, and already having planned the Rob event, I decided to squeeze Jeff into Rob's place. Going forward, I think Marty, you and I are going to be coordinating things. Jeff just happened to fall into this little hole in the schedule.

And Larry, it was on a Sunday, so there is that as well.

I bet youre your own worst critic. Everything looks fantastic. Sounds like a great time. Gotta give that sauce a try. Thanks for posting.

Back