View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #3335
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqdude65 View Post
Well, that's why i was asking. Because, i am in my 50's. I had to cash out what retirement I had to start the business that I'm in just to get by after been fired from a promising position. As I look down the road, BBQ is what I really want to do - I just don't know if I want to scale it to the level you went.

Hindsight is always 20/10; 30 years ago, I didn't even think that BBQ would be an option...now that I'm facing my last 10-15 working years I don't want to waste them - I just need to be practical and determine what level I want to do this. I am catering a 150 person wedding in May. That should give me some level of interest.
Yeah, get some catering like that under your belt and it will quickly help you determine if it's something you'd like to do on a more permanent basis.

I'm kind of the opposite in that regard. Catering is where a lot of the money is, yet it's my least favorite part of this whole business, which is odd when I talk to most people.

Me, I love the restaurant aspect. Creating a unique space and environment for the public to enjoy and all of that. With that comes all sorts of added overhead and headaches that you don't necessarily have with catering, but to me, walking through your packed dining room on a Friday night and just seeing and listening to everybody smiling and laughing and having such a good time enjoying something you've created from scratch is one of the most rewarding things in the world and makes up for those extra headaches.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->