View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #3319
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

I couldn’t disagree more about the review sentiments expressed so far. Love them or hate them, they are part of the reality of running a business and that influence will only continue to grow.

I own 3 restaurants and I read the major review sites for each of them every single morning. I also do a general google search at least once a week.

Yes, some negative reviews are ridiculous (and easy to spot), but most of them are legitimate and someone had a bad enough experience in my establishment to log in somewhere and tell the world about it. Burying my head in the sand does not fix their experience. Some you can’t do anything about (prices, parking, wait at the door, etc...) but listen and care, others are mistakes that need to be addressed or, more importantly, trends that show a deeper problem.

I had a kitchen manager that was watering down our sauce to help with food costs thinking he’s doing me a favor. I found out about it by a couple of reviews that hit me in thin sauce. We can have blinders on from day to day operations, reviews can give us a new perspective!

Thanks from: --->