Awesome gesture in Gettysburg

K-Train

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We competed in Gettysburg this weekend. A member of our team contacted a local food bank/pantry about donating our leftovers. They gladly said yes. The cool part was that we asked the teams around us if they would also like to donate, and they did. We sent them off with 4 coolers full of meat. Pretty awesome for our fellow teams to step up. I know a lot of you guys are sick of BBQ by the end of a comp, why not send it off to others that need it (plus you can use it as a tax write off)?

We competed in Gettysburg this weekend. A member of our team contacted a local food bank/pantry about donating our leftovers. They gladly said yes. The cool part was that we asked the teams around us if they would also like to donate, and they did. We sent them off with 4 coolers full of meat. Pretty awesome for our fellow teams to step up. I know a lot of you guys are sick of BBQ by the end of a comp, why not send it off to others that need it (plus you can use it as a tax write off)?
Nice way to finish up a great comp. :thumb:

Nice gesture! Wish we had leftovers from it,

TF

no results online yet at kcbs site? what's up with that?

Happy to donate and thanks for asking and leading the effort. BTW, Pat is not joking above...I stood a safe distance while he chopped away! ;-)

We were going to donate a rack of ribs, but it was in the middle of the people's-choice (giving away the pork and brisket) and we were SLAMMED. I didn't even know they had been through until after. :oops:

didn't know that they were doing that. we gave everything away for people's choice except the choice pieces we saved for friends that arrived later. We would have gladly given for charity

Back