need your help, Brethren

maxwell7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok-- my son and wife are hosting their annual costume-choose-your-favorie-christmas-character christmas party saturday. I want to do my first fatty! My plan: I love spicy sausage , muenster cheese , and crawfish. I want to get 3# of sausage , layer with crawfish and thinly sliced muenster to hold crawfish in place , roll it and do a bacon weave(never done that before either). So--does my "ingredient" list sound terrible ? I'll be cooking on a charmglow charcoal converted gasser, a fairly hot fire , and indirect.How long on the cook? foil at some point or no? what internal temp? Duh -how's that for clueless? any and all opinions will be appreciated. I DO NOT want to screw up! thanks Doug:doh:

Last edited:
Nuttin wrong wit dat!!!!! If its your first fatty with all the really great ingredients and serving to guests, You may want to try a test run to see if your fire is too hot or cool, what the internal temps are doing throughout the cook and basically how it turns out!!!! Sounds great!!!

I don't like the idea of cheese with crawfish, those flavors do not work for me. BUT, go for it, if that is what you like.

Unsmoked Andouille wrapped around crawfish, peppers onions and a little rice. Drizzled with a spicy dark roux based gravy. Wrap the whole thing in thin sliced Tasso instead of bacon and smoke it up. The Gumbo Fatty!!

Unsmoked Andouille wrapped around crawfish, peppers onions and a little rice. Drizzled with a spicy dark roux based gravy. Wrap the whole thing in thin sliced Tasso instead of bacon and smoke it up. The Gumbo Fatty!!
Now that sounds rocking!

Of course you'd have to make tha Andouille, but that should be pretty simple. I think I have a plan for the weekend...

That sounds real good to me, although the mudbugs with cheese is not something I've ever had.
Me, I'd cook the crawfish first, to make sure they're not raw-ish. You might practice some bacon weaving if you can. Maybe even build your weave ahead of time. It can be frustrating.
Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Boiled Crawfish, fried crawfish, crawfish stew, crawfish pie, crawfish fatty...

I don't like the idea of cheese with crawfish, those flavors do not work for me. BUT, go for it, if that is what you like.

No cheese and crawfish? try a good crawfish fettuccine, It might change your mind :mrgreen: (no Chinese crawfish though)

I would cook them first too. Crawfish are like shrimp, you can do anything with them. (Like Bubba Gump said)

Back