Trigg Rib Shigg From "BBQ Pitmasters"

Sorry guy's. I worked hard to pay for that class. I don't think anyone on this forum who's been to it is going to share anything they learned with you. Out of respect for Rod and Johnny my best advise to you would be to give them your money and quite trying to get folk's to share their recipe's. The way I looked at it was it might be one less contest I could afford to do but if it means I'm going to do a lot better in most all of my other ones then it's money well spent.

Yeah, don't reveal anything that Trigg saves for his class. The stuff on Pitmasters was cleared by him, I'd bet. A lot of it is well known technique anyway.

Here is a pic of Paul making the Trigg rib glaze. Looks like some sauce, some red stuff, and a generous portion of Squeeze Parkay.

Trigg-28.jpg

Looks like the hosting site is having some trouble. Someone will figure out the problem soon, I hope.

Before Paul was trained by Trigg, this is what he said he was told Trigg uses to glaze his ribs-

Trigg-29.jpg

Here is a pic of Paul making the Trigg rib glaze. Looks like some sauce, some red stuff, and a generous portion of Squeeze Parkay.

Careful in assuming that Paul was diligent in his note taking at Triggs private class. :smile:

Yep, who knows whether Paul is following directions or not. He does seem to have a tendency to wander from the proven path.

Paul just makes rookie mistakes also i think trigg didn't tell him all of his secrets...

Sorry guy's. I worked hard to pay for that class. I don't think anyone on this forum who's been to it is going to share anything they learned with you. Out of respect for Rod and Johnny my best advise to you would be to give them your money and quite trying to get folk's to share their recipe's. The way I looked at it was it might be one less contest I could afford to do but if it means I'm going to do a lot better in most all of my other ones then it's money well spent.

Well it was worth a shot :p How much was the class anyway?

AMEN BROTHER!!!! I have not taken any classes although I would love to.

for those who want to know how to cook bbq (not that I know how to but Im learning) is to....

cook bbq.. (Taking a class and research help as well)

I go out and spend money on ribs, pork butts and briskets and cook pretty much every weekend..I have cooked chicken every stinking weekend for months...

dont get me wrong asking questions is a great and wonderfull thing..but it just seems everyone wants the answers with out putting for the effort to gain the knowledge of what questions to ask.

please remember this is just my 2 cents and is ment with nothing but respect for all..especially the inovators of our craft...

I will now go to my room for a time out..

Sal

Everything you need to know to make good BBQ can be found in the threads on this forum. The part that can't be taught to you by someone else is the skill.

You can't learn to ride a bike by reading a book about it. You just have to get on the bike and ride taking your scrapes and bruises along the way.

So it is with cooking good BBQ. You just have to get out there, fire up the pit and do it until you figure it out.

It's not the recipe as much as it's the technique and skill.

However, watching and learning from accomplished BBQ cooks is part of the process. Trigg gave us a glimpse into how he cooks BBQ on "BBQ Pitmasters" and a lot can be gleaned from the little that he shared.

Personally, I will share everything I know about BBQ even though it's not much compared to many. In fact, that, I believe, is why this forum is here. We are all on the same quest for that perfect BBQ. I share what I know, others share what they know and the next thing you know we are all cooking better BBQ.

Personally, I will share everything I know about BBQ even though it's not much compared to many. In fact, that, I believe, is why this forum is here. We are all on the same quest for that perfect BBQ. I share what I know, others share what they know and the next thing you know we are all cooking better BBQ.

Testify! I thank you for that :-D!

Here is an update - word is that Johnny Trigg uses this rub for his ribs. This is the mystery rub, perhaps?

Rib-Tickler.jpg

He uses Head Country on his briskets.

Here is an update - word is that Johnny Trigg uses this rub for his ribs. This is the mystery rub, perhaps?

Rib-Tickler.jpg

He uses Head Country on his briskets.

Just fyi, you are getting and giving bad/wrong info.... So I'd suggest taking a class in shigging, so you can get all of the correct info. If you don't want to shig, then I'd suggest spending the $$ and attending one of Johnny's classes. But seeing that he won't be doing any this season because of Pitmasters. It seems you will still be guessing and reaching for straws.

Johnny also uses many of his rubs and seasonings in the exact same container. Color of lids is about the only difference. He has been known to put the wrong spice/seasoning on his products... As the containers are exactly the same.

So I would not believe everything that you see.

Just fyi, you are getting and giving bad/wrong info.... So I'd suggest taking a class in shigging, so you can get all of the correct info. If you don't want to shig, then I'd suggest spending the $$ and attending one of Johnny's classes. But seeing that he won't be doing any this season because of Pitmasters. It seems you will still be guessing and reaching for straws.

Johnny also uses many of his rubs and seasonings in the exact same container. Color of lids is about the only difference. He has been known to put the wrong spice/seasoning on his products... As the containers are exactly the same.

So I would not believe everything that you see.

C'mon Scottie... he's not shigging. Triggs chose to allow the filming of his process... in fact... he was probably paid for doing it. So this is hardly the same as walking on to a cook site and stealing info.

C'mon Scottie... he's not shigging. Triggs chose to allow the filming of his process... in fact... he was probably paid for doing it. So this is hardly the same as walking on to a cook site and stealing info.

I disagree. He is going out of his way to find out information on a specific cook.

Back