• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bellevue, NE

MoKanMeathead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Are any of you going to the Bellevue Nebraska contest this weekend? If you are there look up the Ho De Sparkle Heads and have a Mararita with us. We are a team from the Ho De Dos, Sparkle Plenty, and the MoKan Meatheads.

See Ya there

BTW bring plenty of water, fans, and AC - gonna be hot!

Talk about a "blended family" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck Wayne.

Let us know how it went and------ "We like pics" :lol:

TIM

Best of luck to ya.........was hoping you was gonna cook at Columbia.......

Save Sept. 9th & 10th open for the 1st annual Bass Pro "Hooked on BBQ" contest. More info to follow after we get through this week.............

I saw that Bass Pro contest but we are already signed up fro the Blue Springs Mo contest that weekend. Couldn't pass that one up - last year we cashed our first check from Blue Springs.

Maybe next year.

MoKanMeathead said:
I saw that Bass Pro contest but we are already signed up fro the Blue Springs Mo contest that weekend. Couldn't pass that one up - last year we cashed our first check from Blue Springs.

Maybe next year.

don't feel bad.....If I wasn't connected to this cookoff, you'd see us in Blues Springs too! Scheduling of marketing events and not being able to orgainze until we got through grand opening back in April made the Sept. dates the only ones available. Our "goal" is to make this a 5k-10k payout cookoff within 3-5 years.....

Sorry to take this thread offtrack.

Best of luck in NE.!!

[Let us know how it went and------ "We like pics" ]

I don't have pics yet but we did all right considering we had never cooked together and all but one of us were cooking on a smoker we had never used.

Finished 11th overall out of 62
Brisket - 8th
Chicken - 13th
Pork - 24th
Ribs - 33rd (don't know what happened here)

Hotter than HELL in Bellevue - 105 in the shade when we went to the awards. Sounds like it was just as hot in Columbia.

Still haven't figured out the quoting function. Guess you gotta be smarter than than the average bear.

Wayne--
Great Job!!!

I think everywhere in the Central and Southern US was an oven this last weekend :twisted:

TIM

ps--to "quote", just highlight the text desired and click on "Quote" in the row of buttons above the text entry box. Same technique to format text the other ways listed on the buttons.

WTG MoKan!!! Another sucessful Brethren Brother outing!

BTW....the margarita machine is the talk of the town........(it made the paper and was discussed on talk radio this morning).....
the BBs took 3 orders to build ones for different people, and I think 2 of them are politicians! I think they had to raise the price $50.00 because it had a Spicewine sticker on it.... :mrgreen:

the margarita machine is the talk of the town........(it made the paper and was discussed on talk radio this morning).....
the BBs took 3 orders to build ones for different people, and I think 2 of them are politicians! I think they had to raise the price $50.00 because it had a Spicewine sticker on it....

Thanks Kick

Glad to hear that the Margarita machine is so popular. Ours always gets the attention of others. Pretty soon it will be like a microwave - everyone will have one and you can't live without it.

Back