How much do you charge

• Thread starter pop's smokin hot que
  • Start date
In Guatemala, 8-10 dollars per pound but no competitors. Depends on quantity catered.

I guess I undercharge... I charge my co workers/friends double the meat price. This is about 25$ for a 5 lb'r. I'm not sure that they would pay 9 $ a lb. But you guys say thats what your getting huh?

$10 cooked weight and pulled. Like Dive I offer a discount if they want to pull it themselves but I havent had any takers yet either.

I guess I undercharge... I charge my co workers/friends double the meat price. This is about 25$ for a 5 lb'r. I'm not sure that they would pay 9 $ a lb. But you guys say thats what your getting huh?

I'm going to guess that you're charging about $25 for a raw 5# piece of meat...before cooking it.

If that's the case, you're actually ending up with about 2.5# of meat in the end. That $25 for 5# ($5/pound) just turned into $10/pound.

That $9 scenario doesn't seem so out of reason now, does it? :thumb:

When people price pork by the pound they are doing so with cooked meat weights not raw meat weights.

I would expect more from a guy that drives an ///M. :wink:

Out here we are paying 1.99/lb bone-in/lb. That's basically the best price for us due to our location circumstances.

What do ya'll think that would translate to in cooked pork/lb pricing...assuming we're also paying for wood/charcoal, injections, rubs, foil, half/fullpans etc.

Initially, I was thinking 11-12$/lb would work. Now I am second guessing that #.

Oh yeah, vending only.

Out here we are paying 1.99/lb bone-in/lb. That's basically the best price for us due to our location circumstances.

What do ya'll think that would translate to in cooked pork/lb pricing...assuming we're also paying for wood/charcoal, injections, rubs, foil, half/fullpans etc.

Initially, I was thinking 11-12$/lb would work. Now I am second guessing that #.

Oh yeah, vending only.

$12 would work for "minimum" food costing...and that is mainland pricing. I know the COL is higher where you are. Somewhere between $12-$16 will put you in the money.

I get $12 a pound for all smoked and packaged pork, beef or chicken breast. Comes with sauce. If somebody buys a package of better buns at the store and 2 pounds of pork, they can make 8 sammies. This is far less than the $40 min., that they would pay for those same items separately.

How do you guys factor in sides? I've only seen prices for meat so far.

That's because the OP asked about pulled pork.

Pricing your sides is just as easy...food cost it out.

Back