111_0446.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 111_0447.jpg
    111_0447.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN2914.jpg
    DSCN2914.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 305
7 - Unknown meat source - assuming it to be chicken - Too much sauce and not spread evenly (it may be just me, but I truly don't like little skin covered blobs of chicken parts)
9 - not perfect, but excellent - a bit dark in some places, but VERY appetizing to me - looks moist - I like the stand-alone rib to see the side!
7 - WAY TOO MUCH SAUCE! I like the idea of several different types of pork in the box, but lighten up on the sauce!
9 - Looks like chicken (that is a GOOD thing!) - looks moist and appetizing!

scores

8 9 9 8 Blotchy then great then great then a little inconsistent in size. All in all good looking food. I also like the tiger stripes. They all met my most important criteria, Do they make me want to taste them?

I'm in a pissy mood tonight so I may be overly critical, but from top to bottom, 7, 9, 7, 8

The top chicken the sauce looks too thick and is blobbed in places plus when I see a box where the pieces are trimmed that small I think they should all be the same size and shape.

The ribs look great. An extra rib at the bottom (move the lone rib up) would make the box look fuller.

The sauce is too thick on the pork and takes away from the meat. I suspect that if the sauce was left off or just a light glaze it would be a 9.

The bottom chicken looks good and makes me want to try a piece. Since the pieces are natural shaped I'm not as bothered as much by the difference in size and shape. the sauce still looks too thick and there are obvious brush marks. Try thinning the sauce a little so it flows better.

On all of the boxes try to clean up the garnish. The top three could use some more to bring the meat up in the box to show it off, and the edges are sloppy. The bottom one may have a little too much and the edges are sloppy. Even though the judges aren't supposed to score on garnish think of it as a frame that can highlight the meat, or distract from it.

The only issues I see are sauce looks gloopy and inconsistent on the first chicken and the pork box. Could be an effect exaggerated by the camera flash though.

I'm in a pissy mood tonight so I may be overly critical, but from top to bottom, 7, 9, 7, 8

The top chicken the sauce looks too thick and is blobbed in places plus when I see a box where the pieces are trimmed that small I think they should all be the same size and shape.

The ribs look great. An extra rib at the bottom (move the lone rib up) would make the box look fuller.

The sauce is too thick on the pork and takes away from the meat. I suspect that if the sauce was left off or just a light glaze it would be a 9.

The bottom chicken looks good and makes me want to try a piece. Since the pieces are natural shaped I'm not as bothered as much by the difference in size and shape. the sauce still looks too thick and there are obvious brush marks. Try thinning the sauce a little so it flows better.

On all of the boxes try to clean up the garnish. The top three could use some more to bring the meat up in the box to show it off, and the edges are sloppy. The bottom one may have a little too much and the edges are sloppy. Even though the judges aren't supposed to score on garnish think of it as a frame that can highlight the meat, or distract from it.

I mostly agree with Ron_L's points, other than I may have scored the first chicken a 8, the blotchy sauce kept it from being a 9. The bottom chicken looks good but the boldness of the grill marks may make judge #5 give you that WTF score :loco::boxing:. Also the pork box is laid out nice but the sauce overwhelms it.

I mostly agree with Ron_L's points, other than I may have scored the first chicken a 8, the blotchy sauce kept it from being a 9. The bottom chicken looks good but the boldness of the grill marks may make judge #5 give you that WTF score :loco::boxing:. Also the pork box is laid out nice but the sauce overwhelms it.

^^I am another one in agreement with Ron_L's scores.^^

First chicken - 7 Sloppy sauce, shapes and sizes not consistent (compare upper left to middle)

Ribs - 8 Very nice looking ribs, but too much green. With that size ribs, I would put more in the box (12 would fit nicely)

Pork - 7 Too much sauce, sloppy sauce, uneven spacing on the money muscle slices. Lots of bark is good.

Second chicken 7 Grill marks are so defined they look artificial, shapes not consistent (compare upper left to lower right) The glaze and color look good.

Great critique! Couldn't agree more.

Back