First place ribs, with thanks to everyone here!

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just finished our second competition, a South Carolina BBQ association sanctioned event in Hardeevile,SC. With all of the tips and tricks I learned here, we went from 19th at our last comp, to first!! I just wanted to sincerely thank everyone here for help with questions I've had, and just for sharing all of the years of knowledge they have.

Just as an additional note, I used Simply Marvelous' spicy apple rub for the first time after hearing such great things about it here, and it definitely paid off!

Thanks everyone!

Congrats!! Even though I don't do comps, this place has made a world of difference in the food I cook too...

Congratulations!! I finally got some Plowboys Yardbird, and am trying it on some rib trimmings today.

Matt

So.... what were all the tips that you applied to get 1st place? :)

Congrats! :clap2: I'm not a competitor, but this place has absolutely made a large and tangible difference in my cooking.

Congrats! :clap2: I'm not a competitor, but this place has absolutely made a large and tangible difference in my cooking.

Amen to that my brother! I'm now the go-to guy for BBQ at my work, and amongst my friends!

Matt

So.... what were all the tips that you applied to get 1st place? :)

Well, first thing I did was check out all of the pics of turn in boxes. Second was put more sauce on the ribs after pulling them off the smoker. Third was working on the cut of the ribs (straight cut from biggest rib). Last was switching up the rub I used.

Way to go. Congrats, this place is awesome I have learned so much can't believe how much better my Que is since I found this place.

Back