Braunschweiger??

mikeleonard81

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I know that it is smoked but has anyone ever tried putting this on the smoker to beef up the smoke a little more? I love adding the 3 Lb. roll of bologna to the smoker while everything else is in the smoker. I just thought of putting a roll of this instead of bologna next time. Any of the brethren try this before? I'm guessing it would absorb smoke a lot more than a solid meat.

I would do a cold smoke on it, possibly.

Love me some fried brauschweiger, with eggs! Giddyup!

Braunschweiger is smoked? I did not know that. I thought it was just the German name for liver sausage.

I have never considered smoking it. Try it and let us know how it turns out.

Sliced Braunschweiger with horseradish mustard, sharp cheddar, and onions on a Kaiser has got to be one of the best sammies ever.

Sliced Braunschweiger with horseradish mustard, sharp cheddar, and onions on a Kaiser has got to be one of the best sammies ever.

Almost....:biggrin1:

Braunschweiger, Onion, Swiss Cheese, Plochman's Mustard and Rye Bread.
It was always a staple in my Grandparent's house growing up.

I still get a craving for it now and again. Especially now thanks to this thread!

(runs to deli)

It would take on cold smoke very easy, I've done smoked bologna for bologna salad and it works great.

Not Braunschweiger but I have "hot" smoked precooked smoked sausages lotsa times as the cooking method instead of grilling, say. It does add an extra element. Unfortunately, I don't get Braunschweiger since I'm the only person in the home who eats liver. A shame, I says.

I know that it is smoked but has anyone ever tried putting this on the smoker to beef up the smoke a little more? I love adding the 3 Lb. roll of bologna to the smoker while everything else is in the smoker. I just thought of putting a roll of this instead of bologna next time. Any of the brethren try this before? I'm guessing it would absorb smoke a lot more than a solid meat.

I'd hot smoke it just like you do bologna. I've not tried Braunschwieger, but if it can be sliced and fried, bet it's good cooked on the smoker too.
If you do, please take pics for me! :-D

Almost....:biggrin1:

Braunschweiger, Onion, Swiss Cheese, Plochman's Mustard and Rye Bread.
It was always a staple in my Grandparent's house growing up.

I still get a craving for it now and again. Especially now thanks to this thread!

(runs to deli)

That sounds real good. I like braunschweiger. Unfortunately, it don't like me. :sad:

Braunschweiger is smoked? I did not know that. I thought it was just the German name for liver sausage.

I have never considered smoking it. Try it and let us know how it turns out.

They say it's smoked but I can't taste it. That's why I was wanting to lay some more smoke to it. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let you know how it turns out:thumb:

Back